close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4th Generation Recoil Spring

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hickok45, Mar 26, 2010.

1. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

There have probably been discussions of this already. Sorry, I haven't seen them.

Are you folks who've purchased the new 4th Generation guns with the new recoil spring seeing a REAL difference in the felt recoil? I'm not sure how Glock has determined that they can defy Newton's laws, but I can't imagine a huge difference?

Since my hands are large anyway and the new replaceable grips don't get rid of the rear hump, the new grips are nothing attractive to me. I'm just curious about the difference that "experienced" shooters might see in the recoil spring. It's my understanding that it won't fit on existing models. I'm assuming it would require a new 4th generation barrel?

Oh well, just checking. Don't really see anything that needs improving in my current Glock models, but I'm curious if anybody who shoots a lot can tell a difference, and if so, why? What is the exact difference?

Thanks,

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. ABACABB

ABACABB

Do you even feel recoil? You saying you have large hands is like me saying I have a little weight problem. But on a serious note I was wondering the same thing.

3. JBP55

JBP55

If you are the person shooting Glocks at long distance in the videos I think you are doing very well. The new recoil spring is G4 specific and feels slightly smoother and slightly softer during recoil. It feels like a progressive spring with a different impulse relative to the G3. I only have 4500 rounds on my G4 G17 which have been flawless.
    Now I will let the people that shoot a lot chime in.

4. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Yes, big difference. Go get one!

5. voyager4520

voyager4520

The dust cover of the 3rd Gen frame is too narrow to fit the wider recoil assembly and the 4th Gen Recoil Assembly won't fit in a 3rd Gen slide. The slide, frame, barrel, and recoil assembly of each generation are not compatible with that of the other generation.

I imagine one could make an aftermarket part to make the 3rd Gen recoil assembly fit into 4th Gen slide, but I think it'd be pointless.

6. James Dean

James Dean

I have a Gen4. I don't use any of the backstraps that came with the gun. I have large hands and I still like shooting it better without the Med or large backstraps. As for recoil it is softer than a Gen3. Also keep up the great work with your videos. Because of them I rented a G19 at my local range and that will be my next Glock.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Mismatched slide/frame = incompatible.

Barrels are fine.