close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4th Gen G21 may actually be perfection..

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by greenlion, Feb 17, 2012.

1. domin8ss

domin8ss

First, please forgive my ignorance. I'm not sure what the difference is between a generation 3 and generation 4 G21 are. All I know is that I have a G21C that I enjoy very much. It is my ccw of choice. I'm not a huge guy, nor obese, and I don't like wearing jackets, baggy shirts, or having untucked shirts. What I will say is that I carry concealed. Yes, sometimes it prints, but I have found that most people don't notice. There have been nights where my wife never knew I was carrying. Most people just aren't looking, and don't care, until they can absolutely recognize it as a gun, which is always when the gun is displayed and no longer in its holster. I couldn't care about being armed tooth and nail. Last I checked, if the problem isn't resolved after a few rounds you either need to learn how to shoot, or you brought the wrong tools to work with you that day.

So, anyways, what is the difference between a gen 3 and a gen 4 G21?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

See the review of the Gen4 G21, with photographs, written by Brian Jensen (aka bcj128) at the link given in Post #37 above.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

3. steve1144

steve1144

Greetings fellow Glock enthusiasts. This is my first posting here in GlockTalk. I am a LEO in California and have been a long time owner and carrier of Glock pistols. I started with my own 1st Generation G21 and carried it until my department switched to the the Gen2 Glock 21's and I no longer had to beat personal one up. Yesterday I was issued my new G4 Glock 21 and I do believe it is Glock PERFECTED! From the first round to the end, I have never felt a gun shoot so naturally and accurately. I like to shoot often, so I condiser myself a decent marksman, but, I was able to put about 30 rounds through a hole you can cover with your palm!

The dual recoil spring allows for incredibly fast shot recovery and the new texture keeps the gun seated perfectly in your grip. Additionally, this is the first Glock I have owned/shot, that came with a near perfect trigger. No needing to deburr and smooth parts here.

Sadly citizens in California can't get the G4-G21 yet, but for the rest of you, if you have been sitting on the fence I cannot emphasize strongly enough how nice this gun is. Take it from someone who's life depends on this tool everyday!

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hello steve1144, welcome to Glock Talk :welcome:

Thanks for the great report. It's good to read another rave review of the Gen4 Glock 21 45ACP. By all accounts, Glock got this one right from first release.

Thanks for your service to the community and stay safe out there.

5. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

+1 on the G20 Gen 4. I'm hoping it is out in time for my Feb 2013 GSSF coupon.

6. S&WGlocker

S&WGlocker

I carry a Gen 3 30sf, awesome size and firepower.
    Love that gun.!!!

7. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf

I haven't had a chance to handle the gen4 G21 how does the grip compare to 21SF?

8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Gray_Wolf, the grip dimensions of the new G21 Gen4, without a backstrap adapter installed, are essentially equivalent to the dimensions and contours of the Gen3 G21SF. If the optional 2mm backstrap adapter is installed on the G21 Gen4 the pistol grip will have dimensions very similar to the standard G21 Gen3.

Many have reported (myself included) that the G21 Gen4 without backstrap adapter feels even smaller than the G21SF. Most attribute this to the difference in the grip texture of the G21 Gen4. The G21SF has a deeper texture on the finger grooves and the backstrap compared to the sides, whereas the grip texture of the G21 Gen4 is uniform around the entire circumference of the grip.

I prefer the feel of the grip texture and utility of the larger mag release on the Gen4 G21 over the Gen3 G21SF.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  9. dakrat

dakrat

still waiting for the release of Glock 21SS

SINGLE STACK :)
    Glock would dominate the shooting sports if they release this model

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012