close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

4th Gen G21 may actually be perfection..

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by greenlion, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Broiler Monster

Broiler Monster

I carry a gen 4 21 in a Crossbreed Supertuck with no problem.

2. drobs

drobs

Handled a Gen3 30SF the other day.

I want one. Same length as my 19.

3. whitey4311

whitey4311

Same here but a Gen 3 21sf. It takes some time to find the right belt and holster combo but it can be done.

I looked at the G30sf but it doesnt save much in terms of size so I didnt see the point. I also want a gun I can get a full grip on.

I say carry the 21sf and start your next mission for holster choice.

4. Seawolf

Seawolf

You know Glock has room to slim down the G30 a bit and still keep the 10+1 capacity and why they haven't is beyond me. IMO if they did slim it down just a tad it would be probably the best conceal carry 45acp on the market. Same for the G21. There is a lot of room to slim it down if they really wanted to.

5. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Love my Gen4 21!!! Shoots so smooth and with a high quality SD round very very very accurate! just one big hole the size of a quarter with 5 shots at 10 yards off hand!

6. jbourneidentity

jbourneidentity

It must be perfection because I can't find a single one from any LE dealer in the entire state of Arkansas. When I call to inquire about LE Gen 4 G21 availability, it's usually followed by loud laughter and breathless wheezing.

7. LuckyG

LuckyG

From first hand experience, trust me.:embarassed: I once had an A.D. indoors with a Colt 1911 (Fed Hydra-Shoks). Room was carpeted and no damage was done. Loud, but no big deal. As another poster has stated, a .40 or 9mm would be just as bad. My guess is that they migh be slightly worse. They are high intensity rounds and have more of a sharp crack than a big boom.

I don't intend to repeat my .45 experience and do any comparison testing.:supergrin:

8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hmmm...I guess we didn't convince you a .45 discharged indoors poses no greater risk of causing permanent hearing damage than other caliber Glocks from evidence of the dB measurements and hearing studies we posted in the thread you started earlier. Oh well, we tried. :embarassed:

The testing data appears to agree with you and greenlion.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18597004&postcount=31

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  9. Bill Carson

Bill Carson

This is good to hear, the Glock 21 Gen 4 does look nice.

10. greenlion

greenlion

I've read dozens of posts like this from people saying that they conceal a G21 or a G17 daily with "no problem". It makes me wonder... do the guys that claim this dress like a homeless person wearing 5 jackets at once to cover it up, or have a beer belly that you could hide a S&W 500 magnum and a couple of boxes of ammo under. ?? I dunno.

I guess I'm a small person and fairly fit/thin, so its hard for me to hide anything G23 sized or bigger when I am out on the town. I only carried the G21 in open holsters around the farm. I really don't see that anyone would need a gun as big as the G21 anyway. It doesn't do anything the G23 can't do.

I go out to nice restaurants, and entertainment venues where I would not feel comfortable wearing a tactical "photographers" vest and baggy flannel shirt. I know a lot of you will scoff and come back with a "better to be armed to the teeth than look good" response, but I try to strike a balance between being protected, and living and dressing like a "normal" human being. What is it worth to be armed with a S&W 500 magnum and two backup 1911's if you never get a date?

11. whitey4311

whitey4311

Here is me looking homeless and 300 lbs. :) I suppose if you are a little guy then its not possible but I think your image of those who can pull this off are wrong. I wear either a dress shirt or a 511 concealment style shirt. I have some 511 polos I wear as well and that is pushing it but its still fine especially with a thin 1911. I have since gone back to the 21sf for simplicity and weight savings but it is more bulky. Every thing is a trade off so you have to decide what that means to you.

Full size 1911:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzYUG121cwM"]Norco 300 Dec 2011(1) - YouTube[/ame]

Glock 21sf:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqFbEH62LM"]Glock 21sf stacked targets - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SALJx9U7nk4"]Glock 1 shot accuracy drills - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbwME3fcGn8"]Glock USPSA 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  12. greenlion

greenlion

Good shooting. Yeah, I can see that you can get away with a bigger gun than I can. However, If you look closely at the videos, you can see that your gun prints several times, you can see your mag pouches printing too. Both of us can get away with that at an IDPA match, but probably not a social event where you are mingling with a crowd that does NOT know, or understand, why you are wearing a gun.

If we could always dress in baggy tactical pants and a oversized untucked flannel shirt, we could get away with a larger frame gun, but if you frequent social events where you don't want to look like you are attending an IDPA match or a cattle sale, its much more difficult.

13. HoppyG21

HoppyG21

Just picked up my first Glock, G21 Gen4 on Saturday. I love it so far, wish I would have bought one years ago!

14. greenlion

greenlion

I'm going to wait a few months before thinking about buying the Gen4. It seems like GLOCK is transitioning back toward the slicker/shinier finish they had in earlier Gen3 guns. The GEN4 rough texture grip, Gen4 Spring, Gen4 mag release button, and older Shiny finish is everything I like about a GLOCK. I have an older G21 that I love, but the new Gen4 does seem like a step up.

15. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

I love my gen4 21 as well. To me it shoots just as smooth as my 9mm gen4s and softer than my .40s. The unsung hero of the gen4 lineup IMO.

16. Inebriated

Inebriated

Gen 4 21 is my favorite Glock, hands down. 14 rounds of that big .45 ACP in a real soft-shooting gun with great grip texture, and FINALLY good ergos, makes this gun one of my all time favorites. Only complaint is that Glock doesn't make a 27-round magazine, and that .45 ACP is so expensive these days.

My 200 Watt Orange Thunderverb and Schecter will do more damage.

Ok, it isn't MY Thunderverb, and I had to give it back, but I did get to use it for a while! Spoiled the hell out me and my tone.

17. bcj128

bcj128

18. jayhuh

jayhuh

I love my Gen4 9mms, but I really love my Gen4 21. I've carried mine off duty a few times in a Glock holster under a sweat shirt w/out any drama here in So CA. Its a little heavy, but you have 14 rounds of .45 goodness. Lately, it's replaced my Gen4 35 as the gun that comes out of the safe each night to be used in case of emergency. Glock got this one right.

19. greenlion

greenlion

I didn't know the Gen4 G35 was out on the market yet..

20. whitey4311

whitey4311

New shooters and those new to CCW worry too much about printing. You will get over that and realize most people know or see nothing. An untucked dress shirt is hardly what you are describing as being dressed down but here in California I am sure the style is different then where you are from.