4th gen G17 mods and USPSA

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sifu128, Mar 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sifu128

sifu128

Hey guys, I have a new 4th generation G17 and I am going to shoot in production (USPSA).

I'm wondering if there's any thing beside that trigger kit, grip tape, and sites that should be looked at. Specifically stuff inside the gun, are there any springs (plunger, striker, or other beside the recoil spring) that the drop in trigger doesnt include or other parts like diff striker that I should replace?

I am also looking at the Venak trigger and glockworx triggers.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TIA

2. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

A 17 with a set of aftermarket sights is about all you'll need. A 3.5/4.5lb connector is nice, but not necessary. The rest of the pistol is good to go.

3. degoodman

degoodman Out of Columbus

The aftermarket triggers often introduce a new problem for a Glock, FTGB (Failure to go bang).

With stock parts (maybe a 3.5# connector if it suits you), careful polishing and some changes to the springs, you can take the trigger just about anywhere it will go safely. On a practical front, you can practically buy every spring in the catalog for a Glock for the price of an aftermarket trigger, and end up with nearly identical results.

Work on the loose nut behind the trigger, and take it as far as you can go with the stock parts before you start chumping down cheese on aftermarket parts that may or may not help.

4. JBP55

JBP55

Having installed dozens with zero problems, would you tell me what after market triggers are a problem. I normally use Vanek or Glockworx trigger/trigger bars and have no issues with them. They are an improvement over OEM.

5. sifu128

sifu128

I installed the Vanek for the second time and it was the best choice!!!
    Thanks guys!