Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been posted before, so delete if need be. I copied the title of the post in which I found these links from another forum to here, so be gentle. Tell me what y'all think.........

http://www.youtube.com/v/-wKRKGqYZjI
http://www.youtube.com/v/9PI4rkECqWg

From the "youtube" thingy, it does say that there is more, but I couldn't find them.

·
Khem-Adam
2,412 Posts
Not this **** again!!! All I will say is only a portion of the call for service information is in this video and the video is highly edited. Notice how he claims the deputies say that they don't need a warrant and can do anything they want, yet for some reason that portion of the video is never shown? Maybe someone else will have the patience to comment further.

The idiot narrator summed it up best when he said "Then Mr. Hart did something not so smart."

EDIT: I guess I should have clarified that I do not support what the deputies did after they secured the suspect and cleared the residence. But the information in this video is misleading. The nature of the call and all of the action up until they decided to take the firearms was perfectly legit.

·
Super Moderator
18,716 Posts
I watched the first video. There was nothing at all improper in it. In fact, had the deputies not entered the home they would have been derelict.

Someone want to give me a reason to watch the second video, or is that a similar waste of my time?

·
Khem-Adam
2,412 Posts
I watched the first video. There was nothing at all improper in it. In fact, had the deputies not entered the home they would have been derelict.

Someone want to give me a reason to watch the second video, or is that a similar waste of my time?
I didn't watch it at first. Then I went back and watched it. After they clear the house, they go in and out a few times. Call detectives. Take the gunsafe keys from the suspect. Open the gunsafe and take the guns for "safe keeping" for some reason. Then they come up with a reason to charge the guy so they have a reason to keep the guns. And make some of the dumbest MFing comments I've ever heard on video. It gets bad in the second video.

Like I said in my edit, I support them up until they secured the suspect and cleared the house. After that it is all downhill.

·
Super Moderator
18,716 Posts
Okay, then they shouldn't do that.

OP, where are we going with this?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I didn't watch it at first. Then I went back and watched it. After they clear the house, they go in and out a few times. Call detectives. Take the gunsafe keys from the suspect. Open the gunsafe and take the guns for "safe keeping" for some reason. Then they come up with a reason to charge the guy so they have a reason to keep the guns. And make some of the dumbest MFing comments I've ever heard on video. It gets bad in the second video.

Like I said in my edit, I support them up until they secured the suspect and cleared the house. After that it is all downhill.
Agreed.....Did the Deputies forget they were "miked up"??

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I seem to remember the 4th Amendment protecting people from UNREASONABLE searches, and siezures, not all searches and siezures.

Shooting a rifle on a 2 acre plot of land.................................

I'm sure that's totally safe.

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts

·
awesome sauce
396 Posts
these are the people that make all cops look bad. do whatever they want and come up with reasoning afterward.

they ended up charging him with negligent discharge of a firearm, possession of a machine gun, brandishing a firearm at a peace officer, and resisting arrest. his PD ended up getting him to plead no contest to a misdemeanor, the video doesn't say which. rest of the charges were dropped AND the cops still have four of the firearms they seized including the one that the sheriff was heard saying 'he really wanted.' his claim to have them returned was immediately denied by the county.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts