Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rational
15,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone besides me looking forward to this matchup?

Houston is going to be looking for redemption after their disappointing loss to the Seahawks las

EDIT: I don't know what the hell happened to this post. I had a beautifully-typed up paragraph about the game/players involved, and it showed up fine this morning when I posted this thread. And now it's gone. Thanks, ****ty connection!

No wonder nobody's replied to this thread.

·
dimly lit
813 Posts
As a Seattle fan, I am. I'm curious to see how a PO'd Texans team handles your boys on the road. In any case, it should be a great game.

·
Rational
15,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a Seattle fan, I am. I'm curious to see how a PO'd Texans team handles your boys on the road. In any case, it should be a great game.
I can't wait! I'm very interested to see how the 9ers Defense does without Patrick Willis or Aldon Smith. Navarro Bowman and Justin Smith are both going to have to step it up again.

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
A PO'ed JJ Watt and Brian Cushing will wreck havoc on your offense. Matt Schaub on the other hand ..... :faint:

As a Houston Native and Texans fan, I hope Schaub doesn't fail us, because I am positive that everyone else will show up.

·
Rational
15,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A PO'ed JJ Watt and Brian Cushing will wreck havoc on your offense. Matt Schaub on the other hand ..... :faint:

As a Houston Native and Texans fan, I hope Schaub doesn't fail us, because I am positive that everyone else will show up.
As I said in my original post (dammit, it was such a beautiful post too), 2-time Pro-Bowler #74 Joe Staley is going to have his hands full with Watts. At 6'5" tall and 315 lbs, Staley has a bit of weight over Watts, even though they stand the same height. I don't think Staley has dealt with a DE of Watt's caliber before. Staley's managed to hold off and frustrate the likes of Clay Matthews, but Clay is far smaller than Watts.

Joe is going to have his hands full for sure.

As for Schaub, I think the Niners Defense can bury him if they want. But they have GOT to stop the running game. Houston's running game really surprised me when they faced Seattle. With two of their star Defense players out, it will be interesting to see how they fair.

My predictions for the game have three scores:

35-28 Niners
28-21 Niners
32-28 Texans

·
Banned
5,457 Posts
After back to back crummy games I'm not optimistic. But yeah , hopefully the whole team shows up.

·
Cheese?
10,046 Posts
Agreed this should be a very good game - one of the better matchups this week, along with Saints/Bears.

Staley vs. Watt should be interesting - he's got as good a chance as anyone in the league at stopping Watt by himself (still not much - he's going to need help).

Is Cushing expected back for this game? He and Watt together are just a deadly pair.

SF without Aldon Smith really takes a hit in the pass rush - something pretty special happens when both Smith's are on the field at the same time, it seems.

Which Kap and which Schaub show up are critical, though - both can do some amazing stuff when they're on, but are also capable of some ugly turnovers when they hit a rough patch.

·
Rational
15,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Both Patrick Willis and Vernon Davis are "questionable" for game day. Davis pulled a hamstring, and Willis is still recovering from a pulled groin muscle.

Hopefully they'll both be able to play! We're going to need all we can get against this Texans team. If Davis is out, then Bouldin is going to have to step it up big time. And dammit, I wish we had Crabtree!

Should be a great game!

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
.....And there goes Schaub with a pick 6.

FU Schaub!!!!!!!! :steamed::steamed::steamed:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Make Schaub stop throwing the quick out... That play should never be called again if he is QB. Every DB playing can read his body language and jump the route.

Kubiak has to play to his strengths and admit he has limitations at QB. Schaub throwing picks on the same route to the same DB...and setting a record with a 4 game streak of pick 6's isn't getting it done.

And while you are telling Kubiak what to do...mention to have special teams tale the touchback if available. Schaub doesn't need to start on the 8, he has enough on his mind!

sorry for the rant...Manning and the Bronco's didn't cover and I get to enjoy a nice...but expensive lunch tomorrow with a couple of coworkers, on me. Good thing Romo threw his pick late to seal the deal or I would have been on the hook for lunch and golf.

·
9,373 Posts
Schaub will lose another one in spectacular fashion. With a pick 6 first play of the game and now another interception the Texans are DONE till they get a new QB and preferably a new coach

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Schaub will lose another one in spectacular fashion. With a pick 6 first play of the game and now another interception the Texans are DONE till they get a new QB and preferably a new coach
I have been saying this for a couple of years. The coach is a joke, the QB is just a backup at best.

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
I noticed a sad thing at the beginning of the game. While a Black woman sang a wonderful rendition of the National Anthem all the White guys had their hands over their hearts. Only ONE Black player did. And the White guys all had their headgear off while most of the Black players did not. We all live in the same country, why not show the same respect?

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all...carry on

·
Cheese?
10,046 Posts
Wow, Matt Schaub sure is beating hell out of the Texans.

·
Cheese?
10,046 Posts
I truly don't understand all the people calling for Schaub to be benched.

Yates is an OK backup, but it's not like he's a wily veteran former Pro Bowler - I'm sort of thinking of a time when Trent Dilfer or Matt Hasselbeck were backups late in their career, and there were some very good reasons to think they'd be better than struggling starters.

TJ Yates is... not that guy. Schaub at least has shown he *can* be an excellent starting QB in the NFL, even if he's not playing like that at the moment.

·
Rational
15,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright, so I'm just getting home (the 9er Club sends their love to all the Seattle fans, btw...:supergrin:).

I expected it to be a MUCH closer game! But that was just a plain ol' ass kicking. What shocks the hell out of me, is that for the past two strait games, the Niner's Defense has done beautifully without two of their star players: Willis and Smith. Bowman really had a great game tonight. I just don't get it. :dunno:

My father pointed out something to me that sounds a bit frightening: he thinks that the Niner's coaching staff is grooming Colin to be a pocket-passing QB. I find it frightening, because I just wish Harbaugh would let him be a read-option QB. Colin got sacked tonight by Watts, simply because he wasn't on the move. If he had been moving with the line, rather than standing in (relatively) one place, I doubt Watts would have touched him.

I'll start a thread on Thursday regarding the Niners vs. Arizona. Hopefully, it's a better game than this one was.

Let's see: A's win last night, Niners win tonight, Fantasy Football Team wins tonight, San Jose Sharks win, and Seattle loses. It's been a GOOD WEEKEND.

And oh yeah: Schaub and the coaching staff with Texas needs to go. What an embarrassment, In their defense, they should have won last week's game. But was that Schaub's fault too?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts