Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cheese?
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a lot of detail in this AP report, but apparently they stem from possession of a California-illegal 'assault weapon', and an incident at a party at his home in December of last year.

He's also in rehab for substance abuse problems after a DUI arrest in September.

Oops. Might be a while before we see this gifted athlete back on the field.

·
Registered
391 Posts
In early September, two civil lawsuits were field against Smith after two guests at one of his house parties were shot. Smith wasn't the shooter, but he's being held responsible since the incident occurred on his property. Smith was stabbed at the same party.
yea i'd be pissed if i was him

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
9,155 Posts
We need to accept it as a cultural alternative that we do not understand and should not judge. Like fighting pitbulls, carrying illegal weapons is a status symbol that the poor, deprived African-American male needs to make him feel validated in this Euro-centric, racist, white male dominated society.

·
Registered
32,892 Posts
Four year sentence max for the charges? With good behavior he will be out in two. Work out a deal he could do a few months. Maybe probation only. DUI is suspended sentence and 10 grand in fines. Santa Clara county is hard compared to the rest of the Bay Area but it is still CA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Packers fan
2,478 Posts
Four year sentence max for the charges? With good behavior he will be out in two. Work out a deal he could do a few months. Maybe probation only. DUI is suspended sentence and 10 grand in fines. Santa Clara county is hard compared to the rest of the Bay Area but it is still CA.

First time DUI is no suspended sentence, 3 years informal probation, suspended license, around $1800 in fines.

It varies, but LA, Orange, Riverside, and SB counties are in that ballpark. I know from experience (lawyer, not a drunk lol)

·
Registered
32,892 Posts
First time DUI is no suspended sentence, 3 years informal probation, suspended license, around $1800 in fines.

It varies, but LA, Orange, Riverside, and SB counties are in that ballpark. I know from experience (lawyer, not a drunk lol)
I'm sorry I wrote sentence when I meant license. Pretty much here it is big fine, suspended license, and no probation for first offense. Alcohol classes and such too.

Huge difference in fine but that might be court costs in there too. DUI drivers here are basically buying a used car with their times/fees but not getting the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts