475-miles and a speeding ticket, oh well I had fun...

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Mar 25, 2007.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

First of all, pics will follow on Monday when I get to work and download the photos.

We had a small group ride (6 people), three Aprilia Tuonos, one Mille, one BMW R1200GS, one Interceptor and one Gixxer 750 starting at the Angeles Crest Highway and somehow ended up in Santa Maria (SoCal wine country) and Solvang to check out the Solvang Motorcycle Museum. http://www.motosolvang.com/ If anybody were in SoCal/Central Cali area, this place shouldn't be missed. It's a small room but there must be thirty bikes or more in it. All sweet stuff. We got Excelsior-Henderson, Harleys, Indians, BMWs, CZs, MV Agustas, Gilera, Matchless, several Vincents of all types (one supercharged Black Widow), Nortons, Triumphs, Matchless, Brough-Superiors, the various Japanese classics. It's moto heaven:hearts:

For me, by the time I got home, the odometer showed 475.2 miles. The rest of the guys should be somewhere around there depending on where they live.

Anyway, we had too much fun and got busted by the fuzz. Let's just say that our speeds were quite in excess of The Ton. But he gave us 75 in 55 MPH zone. It's pretty funny to see the red-faced cop was ready to bust a heart valve gasket suddenly developed a case of stuttering because the two guys he came up to were 60+years old. Two of the guys were assistant DAs, and naturally we all had proper license, registration and insurance. He was going to let us go but he already called in to report the stop. So we split the difference and took the speeding tickets. Oh well, it had to happen sometimes. :rofl:

The Santa Maria/Solvang/Santa Barbara area is quite lovely with rolling green hills, massive vineyards and cool weather from the ocean. Not to mention some mean twisties:hearts:

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

4. ranger88

ranger88 CLM

Great photos. I would love to ride in California someday, but alas I'm on the other coast and currently without 2 wheeled conveyance. My business partner has about 4 running motorcycles including a Moto Guzzi V11 that needs a workout and says that he'll basically loan it to me for the summer. Now I'm caught in the "Is it worth the risk?" quandry since I'm currently going through a divorce, supporting two seperate households and have a 4 year old daughter. No health insurance, but plenty of life insurance. Damn hard life decisions.

Andy

5. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

FNFALSenior: Cool pix but you saved the best for last, although you blocked it with a Britten. HH

6. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

Sounds like a memorable ride. A speeding ticket is merely a user fee for accessing those (s)miles per hour above the posted speed limit.