Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Massive Member
27,282 Posts
I was going to say it was too bad he never got the chance to enjoy retirement, but sounds like he loved doing what he did and choose not to retire, so I guess more envy than sympathy is in order!

Godspeed, prayers for the family...

Randy

· Registered
7,089 Posts
I was going to say it was too bad he never got the chance to enjoy retirement, but sounds like he loved doing what he did and choose not to retire, so I guess more envy than sympathy is in order!

Godspeed, prayers for the family...

Randy
Yep. He went out while he could still do the job that he loved.

· Registered
35,067 Posts
Wow, that is dedication. I wish I could have attended his choir practice. RIP sir, thank you for your dedication.

· Florist
23,395 Posts
47 years? He was truly a LE pioneer, in many many ways. My hat's off to him.

Prayers to the family. I'm sure they are all very proud of him.

· Registered
5,416 Posts
God Bless him. A lot of us old timers KNOW what he went through being the first black anything on a PD back in those days.
Got that right... Rest easy Brother..:fallenofficer:

· Registered
712 Posts
We had an Officer who was hired in 1956, retired in 2012. He died a few months ago. There needs to be a life outside of this profession. If this profession was his life, then, I suppose he was living his life how he saw fit, but there's no way I could do that. I'm a bit ver half way to retirement, and I'm not doing one day longer than I have to.

· Registered
29,876 Posts
Sir, you were a Giant. Prayers for your friends and family and your twin who is still a Cop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts