460/960 Rowland, metal mag catch damaging mags and other questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GeneralBarca, Dec 5, 2016.

1. GeneralBarca

GeneralBarca

Hello, I have a few technical questions regarding a few things with glock.

One what's the lifespan of a glock using either of those two calibers compared to 10mm and 9mm? Also would wolf ream a 9mm barrel chamber to 960 Rowland and can 9mm be fired out of that chamber just as well as 960 Rowland. Also unrelated to glock can then 460 rowland be used in a rock island 1911 double stack and if not due to bad frames then what other 600 to 700 dollar double stack 1911 can.

Will an aluminum extended mag catch damage the polymer glock magazines.

When compared to a metal frame cz75 how easily can a glock be damaged and have the frame cracked when it hits a hard surface from let's say 20 feet.

Can after market barrels damage glock frames? I read that it can off of a company's page saying not use non glock barrels(they made metal frames for glocks) and same for a steel guide rod.

Would it be possible to create my own quality metal glock frame(this company went out of business).

How well would brownells bake on coating work and could I do it with night sights on(they're not trijicon). Also what's a good way of removing and installing the front sight? Currently it's all scratched up because it took forever to put on and doesn't look very pretty. I really want to get rid of that.

2. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

Will an aluminum extended mag catch damage the polymer glock magazines.

yes, it will eventually mess up the Glock mags, that's why the OEM is plastic.

Aftermarket barrels do not damage Glock frames, nor will aftermarket steel guide rods. However you are dealing with a caliber that has much more juice than an OEM 10mm. I run a 22lb spring on my G20. You may notice some slight barrel wear on the from the steel rod being stiffer than the plastic one and rubbing.

3. GeneralBarca

GeneralBarca

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Perhaps coating the aluminum part in a spray on plastic or something of the like?

Also I got that info on steel guide rods and non glock barrels here http://www.ccfraceframes.com/faq.php