Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bad example
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why dosen't glock make a mid sized .45 acp model? they make full size and a sub compact size so it should be easy shouldn't it?

if i could get a .45acp in the g19 size i'd sure be one happy camper.

·
Registered
473 Posts
They aren't prepared to meet that kind of consumer demand. I do believe that once released, the recession will finally be lifted.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Great choies on Glock .45.
G21
G30
G36
Now If you are talking full size single stack...that would be :cool:

·
Cold Infidel
820 Posts
I didn't think the G36 was much smaller than the G19, and the MP .45c is just slightly bigger.

·
MacGyver
7,509 Posts
What's in a word? I think it would be pointless:

Not considering the G36 which might be considered the "sub"compact, G30 is the really the "compact".

The difference between a full size G21 model and the G30 is only 3 rounds. The G30 can use G21 mags if desired.

The size of the G30 is larger and thicker than a G26/27, and only slightly smaller than a G19/23, though thicker than a G19/23.

·
bad example
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you like the size of the g19, why not get a 45 gap? A g38. You get the best of both worlds, the 45 cal round in the frame size of the g19?
because i've already got 5k rounds of .45acp.

·
Transform & Win
3,349 Posts
why dosen't glock make a mid sized .45 acp model? they make full size and a sub compact size so it should be easy shouldn't it?

If by G19 size, you mean physical dimensions, the G19 and G30 .45ACP (10+1) are remarkably similar, even though Glock classifies the G30 as a subcompact model and G19 as a compact.

The size of the Glock 19 and Glock 30 are compared in pictures below, courtesy of GT member spin180:

My 19 and 30 compared:

Note: The G30 shown above has the Pearce +0 grip extension (PG-30) attached to the standard 10-rd G30 mag.

Ref. Thread: Glock 19, Glock 30, and Glock 36 size comparison

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That looks pretty Damn similar to me. It's almost identical. If you have all of those rounds, then you might as well buy the gun in the comparison photo, because that is the closest your going to get from glock.

·
bad example
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow before seeing them side by side like that my brain just wasn't adding everything up correctly. i think maybe it's the grip and that pinky mag that was throwing me off.

i'll hit the lgs this weekend and actually have them pull one out of the case and handle it this time.

thank you for those pics, they might have just settled my decision.

·
Transform & Win
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
They are only similar in grip length due to a grip extension. I'd like to see the G30 with a grip a little longer so I wouldn't need the extension. Maybe a 12 round mag would be standard in it.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
That looks pretty Damn similar to me. It's almost identical. If you have all of those rounds, then you might as well buy the gun in the comparison photo, because that is the closest your going to get from glock.
They do to me as well. I would go Glock 30 and get the G21 mag for spares.

·
Registered
126,159 Posts

The G30 and G19 is almost identical in size. The G30 is a compact, despite what Glock calls it.

Its the biggest "subcompact" I've ever seen. :upeyes:

·
Registered
311 Posts
jsuta note
my G36 holser was made with a G19 blue gun
they are that close and the only real difference is my grip ia ahair thinner and a bit longer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Specifications G19 G30
Overall length 6.85 in. 6.77 in.
Height 5.00 in. 4.76 in.
Width 1.18 in. 1.27 in.
Barrel length 4.02 in. 3.78 in.
Weight Empty 20.99 oz. 23.99 oz.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
jsuta note
my G36 holser was made with a G19 blue gun
they are that close and the only real difference is my grip ia ahair thinner and a bit longer
Yes, beer, you ARE one happy camper. Go to your LGS and set one on top of the other...

Yes, the 19 and the 36 are darn near twins. The 19 is 0.3" longer in the butt-height; all else is about the same. The slides are the identical width. The length is the same. Yes, the .45 has fewer cartridges; that's all. That means I carry an extra mag in the watchpocket of my jeans. NBD.
Go look at both; then you'll know.
I have both. The G36 is my EDC.
S2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts