close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.45 Super Range Report

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by 21Glock, Mar 13, 2010.

1. 21Glock

21Glock

Well, I finally got out to my favorite shooting spot in the woods to crack off a few rounds of .45 Super in my 21SF. The first round of 13gr. of AA#7 was awesome. It laid out a milk jug I had filled with water like a magnum revolver or a 10mm round.
    Then, the unexpected happened. I looked down and the mag. was on the ground. I thought that might be an isolated time. Put mag back in and it did it again. I had some lower loads of AA#7 and Blue Dot and it did it with those, too. Also some +P stuff, too
    I thought it might be the mag. So I changed that out, still did it some more again. Even did it when I shot some standard velocity .45ACP rounds.
    I had my LWD stock length barrel and the SS non-captured guide rod along with the 22lb. ISMI recoil spring, which did great.
    My 21SF has the ambi mag. release on it. I'm thinking that might be it, since I've heard similar stories from others here that have the mags. dropping out of the gun unexpectedly with an ambi mag. release gun.
    Should I get a stronger mag. release spring? Should I or a Glock armorer or Glock change this gun's ambi mag. release back to the standard non-ambi type? Can I still use the same mags. I have now if I do that?
    What are some of the solutions that some of you have found.
    It is pretty disconcerting to fire off a round and your mag. drops out of the well to the ground or drops down and is out of action.

Thanks.

2. Trigger Finger

Trigger Finger

I have a modified S&W 4506 and it shoots 45 Super fine. I have no idea what could be causing the magazine to fall out. I would replace everything with stock and see if it ejects with 45 Super, not more than a few rounds!

3. 21Glock

21Glock

I have talked to a few folks here with the same situation. I would say it was the .45 Super rounds, but then it did it with everything. I'll be calling Glock tomorrow. I believe it's the ambi mag release with the Glock 21SF that is causing it.
    I love my Glock21SF, just not it's mag dumping.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  4. 21Glock

21Glock

Well, I got my frame exchanged at Glock yesterday for a new 21SF frame that does not have a ambi mag release. That should handle the problem of the mag dumping as it has been an issue with these mag releases from other folks I understand.
    I can't wait to get out again and shoot some more of the .45 Supers again.
    I'm a .45 Super shooter now, for sure!