close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

45 GAP vs. 45 ACP

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by theTactician, May 10, 2007.

1. theTactician

theTactician

For you, which is better? the 45 GAP or the 45 ACP?
    I once owned a colt series 80 1911 a few years back. it's obviously chambered in 45 ACP and it was good while i was using it til i sold it to a buddy of mine. Now, i own a 45 GAP Glock. the difference for me was the manageable recoil of the 45 GAP. so, i like the GAP better than the ACP. as to bore size, they're just the same. GAPs perform better using 185 grain - 200 grain ammo by federal or speer. at 25 feet, the groupings are pretty much remarkable for the GAP using either the 185 or the 200 grain ammo.
    As for the guns involved, between the 1911 single action only and the Glock safe action pistol, i must say that im quite biased about it. i still favor the Glocks better than the 1911. But as for the ammo involved, i believe, based on my own experience, the GAPs are better than the ACPs. Plus the fact that i have a small grasp, i have a small hand by the way, i can grip the GAP pistol better than the ACP pistol i had.

just my 2 cents.:)

2. chocoboy

chocoboy

Tactician, the 45GAP isn't available yet here in the Philippines... It won't be for a while. Based on some articles I read about the 45GAP, recoil is supposed to be sharper a bit compared to the ACP coz its higher presure. It's somewhere between the recoil of the .40cal and the .45Cal ACP... The ACP being the softest. Though, have not gotten the chance to shoot the GAP myself. The only advantage to it is you get to use original frames for a 45cal sized bullet. Try to search using "GAP"...

3. boholglock

boholglock

My vote goes to the veritable, century old, combat-tried and tested caliber, the .45ACP.

4. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

5. theTactician

theTactician

:sad: im the only one voting for the GAP.:) even, here in the U.S. old fanatics of the 45 ACP cant be persuaded in transferring from ACP to GAP.
    well, anyway..:)

6. bulm540

bulm540

ACP for me. More reloadng components available.

7. maskytrading

maskytrading

There's a saying that goes "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"...What's wrong with the old .45ACP?...What's the advantage if you have GAP instead of ACP as far as Logistics, power, accuracy etc...none. Well, you know, it's a novelty,let's try something new...why not try it...In which case, let's try .45super also;)

8. theTactician

theTactician

well, on my case, using GAP is more of an advantage. i have a small hand and i find it kinda hard gripping the glock 21. and yes, i know about the glock 21 SF where they kinda trimmed down the grip of the glock 21 for people who wanted big bore caliber but with small hands. but the 45 GAP is pretty much perfect for me. recoil-wise, there aint that much recoil. accuracy-wise, based on my own personal comparison from my colt series 80 45 acp, it is more accurate, like point and shoot.
    so, yeah, its a new fad, just like when the 40 cal arrived, but for me, it's pretty much within my specs. i wanted a gun with a big caliber, can be concealed easily, and can fit perfectly on my hands....
    furthermore, i guess there's nothing wrong about trying something new.:)
    just my 2 cents.

9. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

How about the 357 sig? It looks good on paper :)

10. theTactician

theTactician

thats what i heard too. but i think, i'd still choose the 357 mag revolvers over the 357 sig pistols