close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.45 and .308 will price ever lower?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 610ck, Feb 6, 2010.

1. 610ck

610ck

Will price on .308 and .45 ever lower?

2. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

A few days ago Wal Mart had WWB 45ACP $18/50. I don't buy factory ammo but that didn't sound bad.

3. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Viva Hate CLM

If you're feeding something that will eat steel cased ammo (and you're not shooting for groups) there are some great deals around on the brown bear .308.

4. space_weazel

space_weazel

I think the price will drop a little more, however if the dollar continues to slide, you won't be able to see the difference.

5. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

Someone's gotta say it: start reloading now.

I'm going on my 3rd year of not buying factory ammo. Very liberating. :cool:

Made 50 .308 rounds this morning for my bolt gun that easily duplicate most company's match loads... by my calculations... 54 cents apiece assuming I'll get 5 loads out of the brass. This is with a premium target bullet (168 grain AMAX). One could definitely go cheaper.

That's about a third of the price of Federal Gold Metal Match.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  6. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

I don't think that we'll see prices go back to what used to be "normal' a couple years ago. Between the higher prices of the raw material needed, and the knowledge that people will pay higher prices, why would the ammo manufactures and retailers drop the price if the demand is still exceeding the production?

Am glad I've got a pretty good stash built up over the years and handload, cast my own hand gun bullets, but it still makes me think twice about shooting "one more magazine" at the end of trip to the gravel pit.:upeyes:

It especially makes me want to keep my gun collection within the calibers I already own.