45 acp + p

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Blitzen, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Blitzen

Blitzen

Can anyone help me find this ammo? It is Remington 45acp+p 185gr jhp with a slight crimp.
    There's a Remington code for that ammo on the box, its ... R45AP6 .... It's in the classic green and yellow box too and labeled "High Velocity" on the box top and "+P" on the end caps.
    There's no ballistic information anywhere on the back or sides. Just safety info. My Glock G36 loves this stuff but I can't remember where I got it.:dunno: If this rings a bell with you, please help me out.:upeyes:
    Thanks

2. PersonOfInterest

PersonOfInterest

Ive shot it before cant remember the ballistic info for it but im pretty sure it was replaced with the 185gn +P Golden Saber load id say its vel/ftlbs would be very close, i used it once to shoot a few ferals on a farm out of a 1911.

3. jason.223

jason.223

I am pretty sure remington does not make that load anymore. I believe the 185 golden saber +P took over. So good luck finding some..... Anyway I have shoot a few of them over the years. They are good hot +P round. Those rounds normaly chronographed 1120 to 1160 fps out of my glock 21 and also 5 inch barrel 1911. By the was the golden saber 185+P are a little slower about 1100fps.

out of your glock should be running about 1000 to 1050 fps

hope this helps

Jason

4. Blitzen

Blitzen

Thanks, that helps alot. I was hoping they were around 1000 or better. :whistling: