44 Range Report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by blackgun34, Feb 10, 2020.

1. blackgun34

blackgun34

Picked up my Glock 44 last week. Got it home and right to the workbench, detail strip and clean without removing the magic copper grease. Only thing out of the usual for Glock was the barrel was covered with oil. Cleaned and 8 drops of oil per instructions.

Then I spent a week following The 44 Thread. A bit apprehensive since I sold a perfectly woking TX-22 for funding.

Long story short. 15 types of 22lr. Plan was 50 rounds each. Ended up shooting 700 rounds. Out of this 6 FTF, all had solid strikes and fired when reloaded. 10 stove pipes, 9of these with Thunderbolts and the bang was so soft on those 9 I ran a rod to check the barrel. 4 Failure to lock back, all after 400 rounds so I'll clean and see if it still happens.

After 700 rounds in 2 hours I'm very happy with this pistol. It ran through 7 different kinds of Bulk Pack. 36,37,and 38 HP's. All RP's where 40's. Velocity from 1130FPS to 1435Fps. Two Hans,strong hand, weak hand, slow fire, double taps, and mag dumps.

I use Glocks in IDPA, Steel Challenge,and of course GSSF. Having a 22 with a Glock trigger for practicing control is what I've wanted. It's dry fire with a small bang and visual results.

I hope Glock takes care of the people having problems cause this is a winner.
    44-1.JPG 44-2.JPG
    If anyone would like info on the types of ammo I used and my thoughts on how they work in the 44 (Don't use CCI Clean 22) just ask!

2. alv2297

alv2297

I pick up my Glock 44 tomorrow. Damn Holidays.....just kidding.

Do you mind posting all the 22LR ammo you tried and maybe the issues?

I have about all the 22LR ammo that you show in your pic + a bit more. I want to run as many types/weights of different 22LR ammo thru it.

Also, if there was one 22LR ammo that you pick to function without issues in the G44, what would it be? Seems like CCI mini mags or SV is the go to.

3. Fla Trooper 265

Fla Trooper 265

Very good in-depth report. I believe the 44 will turn out to be a winner in time.

4. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Blasphemy!
    There are some here that swear the 44 is defective and shouldn't have been released as is.
    Can't wait to shoot the one I bought!

5. Bradley T

Bradley T

Mine is my favorite right now. Neat little pistol. Unique design. Shoots quite accurately. Acceptable reliability as well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  6. bac1023

bac1023

Thanks for the report

7. blackgun34

blackgun34

Blazer, Fed 275 Pack, Winchester M22 All ran flawless. I've had always had good results with Blazer so that will continue to be the top choice.

Mini Mags, Brownings, Aguila Super Extra, Winchester SuperX, CCI AR Tactical, Federal Match, and Federal Black Pack 1100 all worked fine and I would use again.

Golden Bullets ran fine but are very dirty.

Thunderbolts will get use in my revolver only.

CCI Clean 22 was a disappointment, really wanted this to work and it has the same specs as Mini Mags 40 but will not cycle. This wouldn't cycle my TX-22 either. I reload coated 9mm and 45 cal. and like how clean it runs so more trials will happen.

8. bradleyepb

bradleyepb

I am very pleased with my G44. 680 rounds and only one fail with a weak round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. COUNTYGUARDIAN

COUNTYGUARDIAN

CCI Clean 22 run flawlessly in my G44. Shot them in the last GSSF match. Had one snap but it was a good strike.

10. bsp212

bsp212

Remington Golden Bullet 36gr bulk stuff ran fine in mine - MAC just posted a new YouTube video with an update on his. It seems as though you should read the owner's manual for magazine loading instructions. I didn't have any issues with mine, but after reading the owner's manual I found out my standard loading procedure for .22lr magazines is exactly what they recommend. Don't pull the follower down further than the depth necessary to load 1 round - helps prevent rim lock from the lack of tension allowing rounds to slightly overlap their rims in the magazine. (You can get this on the S&W model 41 too) Evidently, the reported first round feed problems may be a result of this because the feed ramp is on the front lip of the G44 magazine.

blackgun34 likes this.