43XG48 guys

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by camelsfly, Sep 15, 2020.

1. glocking26

glocking26

Seems like a no brainer to me being able to carry 15 rounds in a gun smaller in width then a Glock 19. 99.9% of the reviews on the magazine are positive. Yes you’re going to invest a couple more bucks but in my opinion it’s well worth it. I have the steel magazine catch installed on my 43x have no issues with OEM magazines. I was skeptical at first too until I bought one and started using it. It’s a crazy world out there today and you need all the rounds you can get in your firearm.. As for Sig’s na had one oh wait I had two too many issues not a fan. One mana option

Chass, CanyonMan and MCCM like this.
  2. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

I bought a G48, and ended up swapping the slides with my wife's G43. She now has a "G43L," and I essentially ended up with a G43X. Her G43L is now a lot more comfortable for her to shoot than the regular G43, and my 43X is more comfortable to appendix carry than the G48 with little sacrifice in shootability.

I carry with a 15rd shield arms mag, plus a 20rd spare.

Chass, CanyonMan and Zero1911 like this.

3. walkin' trails

walkin' trails

The Shield mags are indeed an interesting concept, and I recently got in a position where my carry guns no longer have to be completely factory. That said, I don’t feel underwhelmed with the factory 10-round mags. I may occasionally have to travel to 10-round states so having the 10 round capacity in a relatively thin package that was a Glock was the original reason I bought a 43x. After getting one, I discovered I like the way it shoots, and the accuracy. I previously carried a 43, and tried a number of aftermarket base plates to increase capacity. With all of them, I found that there was a little less reliability than with factory stock, so I simply carried 3-4 extra 6-rounders when I relied the 43 as primary. That worked 100 percent for me. My real concern is that with Shield mags and the obligatory metal mag catch, will the factory polymer mags get torn up when used against steel/aluminum? In the mean time, I can carry two extra 10-rounders and be sufficiently ready in an emergency.

4. 69HDChop

69HDChop

5. Zero1911

Zero1911

I don’t use the Glock mags with the new steel SA mag catch.

CanyonMan likes this.
  6. Sickmak90

Sickmak90

I just use the factory magazines. I am comfortable with 10+1 in a carry gun.