Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Glock OEM night sights on my 43x. I’m having my point of impact unusually and consistently low. I’m having to aim way high to hit center. That rear sight is size 6.1. I keep reading that a taller rear sight will bring the POI higher. The next sight up is 6.5. Some websites say the Glock OEM 6.5s will fit, others say it won’t. I’m trying to find a company that offers a taller rear night sight for the 43x than the 6.1. Does anyone have any leads or similar experience with this matter?

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have those exact sights on the 43x and a regular 43 and they are not what you are describing, they seem to actually shoot a little high if anything but certainly not low. It's sounds like you did not have this issue before you changed sights what did use before just the plastic Glock sights? The OEM plastic sights are the exact dimensions of the OEM night sights, just to be sure you can use a caliber and measure the sights.

If all the measurements check out well then those sights just may not be for you.
You could try Ameriglo if those sights do not work out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have those exact sights on the 43x and a regular 43 and they are not what you are describing, they seem to actually shoot a little high if anything but certainly not low. It's sounds like you did not have this issue before you changed sights what did use before just the plastic Glock sights? The OEM plastic sights are the exact dimensions of the OEM night sights, just to be sure you can use a caliber and measure the sights.

If all the measurements check out well then those sights just may not be for you.
You could try Ameriglo if those sights do not work out.
I brought the night sights with me when I bought the gun and we changed them in the shop. Laser bore, ect... Never shot the gun with the polymer sights. The markings on the OEM sights have a long line with a shorter line below it. From what I’ve read, that’s the 6.1 sights. For whatever reason, they’re not working for me. I’ve actually talked to several other folks having similar issues. Im just wondering if there’s a taller rear sight that fits this gun. What are the measurements on those Ameriglos? Thanks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
How low is your POI and at what range?
What ammo are you useing?
With stock sights my G43 hits right on with 115 grain Gold Dot standard pressure loads at 50’ but hits a few inches high with 147 grain HST at the same yardage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How low is your POI and at what range?
What ammo are you useing?
With stock sights my G43 hits right on with 115 grain Gold Dot standard pressure loads at 50’ but hits a few inches high with 147 grain HST at the same yardage.
2 to 4 inches low at 10 yards on an 8 inch target. I’ve been using 115 gr. I’ve also ran some 124 HST as well with similar results.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
The markings on the OEM sights have a long line with a shorter line below it. From what I’ve read, that’s the 6.1 sights.
True. It is 6.1mm from sight top to bottom of the sight dovetail.
Im just wondering if there’s a taller rear sight that fits this gun.
Yes. You have the G43X-standard "slim" 6.1mm rear night sight 33578.

Glock also makes the optional "slim" 6.5mm rear night sight 33577.

Download the parts order form for non-armorers to see all of the sight options that are sold by Glock:

https://us.glock.com/downloadable-materials

Reactions: L-2

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just got my 43X with Glock-installed AmeriGlo night sights this past Friday. Shot it at the range the same day I got it. Shot terribly at first, way LOW AND LEFT, then did better and better through about 75 rounds, until I was doing just OK, but not yet up to my usual standards. Today I shot my 43X again, this time for about 125 rounds, and I shot it much better. In both slow and fast fire sequences, I was just about as accurate as when I shoot my double stack G19, albeit with having to concentrate a little more while doing it with the G43X. I'm a lot happier today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
True. It is 6.1mm from sight top to bottom of the sight dovetail.

Yes. You have the G43X-standard "slim" 6.1mm rear night sight 33578.

Glock also makes the optional "slim" 6.5mm rear night sight 33577.

Download the parts order form for non-armorers to see all of the sight options that are sold by Glock:

https://us.glock.com/downloadable-materials
Thank you, Sir. Very helpful. How do you go about ordering online.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts