Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around April this year, bought a 43x instead of a 43 because of the way it felt in my hand. I love the gun but do not like carrying it.
I carry IWB 2-3 o’clock cant, Stealthgear Ventcore holster. Very comfortable holster.
The more I carry, seems like the more I don’t like the 43x. I’m not liking the long grip in my side. Driving with it is also starting to get annoying. I’ve adjusted the holster and positions some.

For me, I already have enough pistols so I don’t want an additional gun. So I’ve thought about replacing it with a 42 or buying a 43 frame for my x.

Love the size of a 42 but I have a lot of 9mm Ammo…
The weight of my 43x is also sometimes annoying me. Would the almost 3 ounce from 43x to 43 be enough weight difference to be satisfying? I bought a tactical belt thinking it would help but no difference.

Have not shot a 43 or 42 and do not have the opportunity to.
Should I convert to a 43 or go with a 42? Anything I’m missing that may make me like the 43x more?
I don’t want to make this a capacity and .380 vs 9mm defensive debate. I’m looking for comfort while making a practical decision.

Staying with 9mm is a big advantage since a have a lot. The 43x is my only 9mm. I’d either have to sell or shoot it all before I got rid of the 43x. Also selling the 43x probably would not be easy.
Thanks for any and all input.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I understand your concern. I like the way the 43X shoots but, the grip is too long for me when AIWB. This may be considered heresy to some but, consider the Ruger LC9s. It is just a hair taller than the G43 (with a slightly shorter overall length) and smaller than the 43X. I love mine.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
If the weight is annoying to you with the 43x, there won’t be very many lighter options that will make a big difference. I would recommend looking at your belt selection in that department.

As far as comfort, I agree, slide is either to appendix or behind the hip. There’s going to be some “discomfort” as you have an inch of steel and plastic stuck in your pants. But it’s not something you can’t get used to.

You could always buy a 43, try it out, and decide which gun you want to keep. In today’s market, shouldn’t be difficult to sell either one, just lose a couple bucks selling it as used. They’ll share the same holster.

·
bene vivere
3,028 Posts
Around April this year, bought a 43x instead of a 43 because of the way it felt in my hand. I love the gun but do not like carrying it.
I carry IWB 2-3 o’clock cant, Stealthgear Ventcore holster. Very comfortable holster.
The more I carry, seems like the more I don’t like the 43x. I’m not liking the long grip in my side. Driving with it is also starting to get annoying. I’ve adjusted the holster and positions some.

For me, I already have enough pistols so I don’t want an additional gun. So I’ve thought about replacing it with a 42 or buying a 43 frame for my x.

The weight of my 43x is also sometimes annoying me. Would the almost 3 ounce from 43x to 43 be enough weight difference to be satisfying? I bought a tactical belt thinking it would help but no difference.

Should I convert to a 43 or go with a 42? Anything I’m missing that may make me like the 43x more?
I don’t want to make this a capacity and .380 vs 9mm defensive debate. I’m looking for comfort while making a practical decision.

Staying with 9mm is a big advantage since a have a lot. The 43x is my only 9mm. I’d either have to sell or shoot it all before I got rid of the 43x. Also selling the 43x probably would not be easy.
The Glock 43X is a popular handgun and I don’t believe you would have a problem selling it. IMHO, you would be better off keeping it and buying a 43 frame for easier concealment.

·
Venor ergo sum
"94% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones" CPRC
6,059 Posts
The Glock 43X is a popular handgun and I don’t believe you would have a problem selling it. IMHO, you would be better off keeping it and buying a 43 frame for easier concealment.
+ 1 vote for the 43
And there’s nothing wrong with a G43. I like mine for carry when it’s real hot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Slide that Stealthgear around to 3:30 and most of your issues will go away. Much larger pistols than a G43X can be carried comfortably in that position.
I agree with that but then it prints more. I don’t care to print some but it’s more noticeable than not the more I shift to the back.
I shift it around some on my side. As far as I go back is when the butt of the pistol touches my car/truck seat.
Yesterday I dropped the adjustment down so it will sit more in my pants. I’ll try that for a while.

Only if my holster or they made something that had material behind the grip so it wouldn’t touch my side. That would be great.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Another vote for the 43. I switch out the mag springs so that I get an extra round without any added length on the mag. As you know, whatever gun and corresponding grip you end up with, it takes range time to build your muscle memory to get proficient. The 43 just disappears when carrying. Don’t get a SIG! LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m really leaning towards the 43 frame. Someone out bid me 2 days ago on one for a good price. Looks like I could get one under $200.

Someone mentioned range time with the 43. Yes I would use the 43 frame for some practice shooting and drawing. I would also use the 43x frame for range time, I have 6 magazines for it. Would the difference in the two frames change my shooting more than I think it would? I know drawing it will.

As for other brands, I’d rather stick with Glock for my EDC.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Either way JT, I have a 42/43/43x, the easiest to shoot of course is the G-42, but I would never carry it (If I had something better) the G-43x, pinches my hand where the magazine and frame meet.
The G-43 to me and Goldielocks maybe feels just right...………...unless I have a G-27 or G-23 on.

·
Kstateskier
347 Posts
@JTGlock I own and carry a 43 most of the warm months of the year. And I find if I can conceal the longer grip I'll run a Hyve +2 mag extension. That gives me the same grip size as the 43X. And when I need to print less or want to carry at 2,3 or 4 and want a shorter grip I can put in the standard 43 magazine and carry a +2 in my pocket. Give it a try I think you'll like it alot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@JTGlock I own and carry a 43 most of the warm months of the year. And I find if I can conceal the longer grip I'll run a Hyve +2 mag extension. That gives me the same grip size as the 43X. And when I need to print less or want to carry at 2,3 or 4 and want a shorter grip I can put in the standard 43 magazine and carry a +2 in my pocket. Give it a try I think you'll like it alot.
Just ordered a frame.
Do you like the factory pinky extension or flush magazine for conceal? I figured the extension wouldn’t matter much and easier to draw?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts