43x/48 Shield Arms S15 rnd mag users, step inside.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Eagle1, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

Now that these 15 round mags have been out for a few months, I would like to hear from any users that have tried these mags and how you like them? Would also really like to know if any of you have changed out the factory plastic mag release for their steel version? And if you have not swapped in their steel version, has the metal mags been chewing up your stock plastic mag release? Thanks...

2. ISYN

ISYN

Just got mine in the mail today. I did NOT purchase the metal mag release but since my G48 is my CCW I will order one this afternoon. I will likely not make the switch until after I find another CCW though.

3. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

I had a range visit with some malfunctions last weekend. This weekend ill run the factory mags and see if they continue. Also test to see if the issues repeat.

4. Dr_fast

Dr_fast

If you go on YouTube and put in “ Shield arms S 15 magazine review “ you will pull up literally a couple of hours or more of reviews. I have tried to watch all of them. I think I can conservatively say I’ve seen more than 4000 rounds if you add all the reviews together. I believe one, or possibly even two of them, are thousand round reviews. Several of them just fire a few hundred rounds or 700 rounds for one review. One guy did do a full thousand rounds through one mag. There are several more reviews than what shield Arms actually has on their site.

Overall, it seems like failure to feeds Are pretty rare. Failure to drop free, and failure to lock back the slide are much much more common. They’re still fairly rare, but that’s usually what people are complaining about. There was one guy who is called the Carolina something or other, I can’t remember, who did have several failures to feed out of one mag. His other one worked flawlessly. Check it out for yourself. It’s a great way to kill a whole lot of time .

Big1 likes this.