GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that these Gen 5 have been out for couple of years what’s your thoughts? Need all three? Stick with the 17, 19, or 26? I bought the 43X in May 2019 and love at first sight. Picked up SA mags last Fall and was a game changer. Pistol just melts in hand.

Then earlier this year picked up the 45. Both the 43X and 45 are great guns but finding myself grabbing the 45 more often. It’s only little wider than 43x, slide is less than inch longer, and the longer grip just feels right. Also have a lot of 9mm double stack mags. Beginning to think that the 45 may just be the perfect Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 19.3, so for me the 48 and 45 are next on the list. While each excel in different areas, I have heard plenty of folks who IWB the 45.

The 43X just doesn't hold my eye like the 48 does.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a 19.3, so for me the 48 and 45 are next on the list. While each excel in different areas, I have heard plenty of folks who IWB the 45.
With ya there. Especially for appendix carry. Longer barrel helps from roll over.

·
In The Saddle
7,142 Posts
Got 'em all... Like (at of these ones mentioned) the G48 better, and I do run SA mags and all Steel SA mag catch in it. 100% confidence/performance/reliability. The 48 seems better balanced in my hand, and the sight radius, although only an inch difference, works best 'for me,' over my G43X. I can still hit targets at extremely long distance withe the 43X and hold good combat (good enough) distance groups with the 43X, But, just feel far better with the G48 in hand. "Nothing" against the 43x, not at all, great little shooter. But I just like the G48 better...

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I am new here. But an older guy. My wife is older also. I just in the Spring bought a G42 and a G43X. We do like both of them very well. Our very first Glocks.

We have a large variety of other pistols we shoot often as well. But, we certainly do like the fit and feel of these two. Nowadays, 15 yards is the most we practice at.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Shield mags and mag release make the 43X hard to beat.

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
That was one of my wife's reasons for being apprehensive on the 43X...she just didn't like the way it looked. It was love at first sight when she saw the G48 and realized it had the same grip as the 43X. Given the barrel is easier to conceal than the grip, she jumped on the G48. It's her first Glock 9mm that's 'hers'.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That was one of my wife's reasons for being apprehensive on the 43X...she just didn't like the way it looked. It was love at first sight when she saw the G48 and realized it had the same grip as the 43X. Given the barrel is easier to conceal than the grip, she jumped on the G48. It's her first Glock 9mm that's 'hers'.
It took a little more than just the forward serrations to catch my wife's eye. But the g48 is her first 9mm pistol also.

IMG_9887.jpg

A while after she bought the g48, I put the g43 slide on it to check out the g43x configuration...well, that did me in.

IMG_1374.JPG

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
well, that did me in.
Yea, the 43X is what I was trying to turn her on to. With her doing most of her CC in a small purse, I just figured the 43X would work better for her. She's also got a little mistrust with me 'cause she did not particularly like her G36.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,020 Posts
Haven’t checked out 48 but know people that carry it, love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basically single stack 19, barrel is 1mm or so longer to meet the Canadian legal requirements.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts