Glock Talk banner

43 slide lock

751 3
I see the 43 slide lock sits on a coil spring instead of the leaf as in other models. Anyone remove one yet ? Any help on doing so ?

Thanx
Greg
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· "Old Bill"
2,775 Posts
I see the 43 slide lock sits on a coil spring instead of the leaf as in other models. Anyone remove one yet ? Any help on doing so ?

Thanx
Greg
Oh dear. All our history is gone. I commented on this a few days ago.
Yes. Hold down ONE side of the slide lock. From the other side just push the elevated side through. It comes out very easily. Goes back in the opposite direction.

Reactions: mtstream

· Olde School
90 Posts
Oh dear. All our history is gone. I commented on this a few days ago.
Yes. Hold down ONE side of the slide lock. From the other side just push the elevated side through. It comes out very easily. Goes back in the opposite direction.
Thanks for the info Chrisjn. Just make sure to not let the spring release when the slide lock is removed or have the frame in a box because that spring can fly out and get lost very easily. Yeah that's right that's how I know that can happen.

· Olde School
90 Posts
FYI...... Just in case someone looses the slide lock spring on a G-42 or 43 it is the same spring used in the safety plunger on both models. You have to buy the plunger and spring as a set and Brownell's has them for $3.49 a set. I ordered 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.