Glock Talk banner

For CCW only ,Do you use stock magazines, any trouble?

• I use six round stock only with no troubles.

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Are use six round stock magazines and have had one or maybe two hiccups, but I trust them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’ve had lots of trouble with stock six round G 43 magazines.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I choose to carry with something other than a stock six round magazine.

Votes: 16 34.8%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really when you look at it, the only disadvantage in my case to a G 43 is capacity. What does the Glock talk Brain trust have to say about this?

As I look at my Carry system and philosophy I chose Glock because of reliability accuracy and time proven. Regardless of what Glock I choose to carry the pointing angle, function and trigger are going to be basically the same. As a 40 year plus martial artist I know that what Bruce Lee said was true. “ I fear not the man who knows 1000 techniques, I fear the man who knows one technique and has practiced at 1000 times. “ effectiveness and Excellent function in a self-defense encounter depends upon training and what many people call muscle memory. The decision I’ve made maximizes these with minimum training. Also makes for no confusion in a self-defense encounter .

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone may ask…
Why don’t you just carry the 43X?
Excellent question!
And that is because I don’t shoot it as well as my hand does not grip the G 19 shape backstrap as well as the shape used on the 43, or the 26. I don’t naturally point that way and consequently shoot slower and miss more often in stressful training drills. So I could re-train, OR just stick with what has been working and comes naturally which is what I’ve chosen to do.

·
Venor ergo sum
"94% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones" CPRC
6,210 Posts
Stock 6 rounder in the gun while holstered and reload mags have Pearce +1 extensions attached.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I’ve got a few magazines with the maguts kits in them, a few with the pierce +1 and a few stock mags and the only issues I have had with them was at about 5000 rounds I would get a few failures when running 124gr NATO or +p which disappeared after replacing the recoil spring.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I use the +2 Hyve. Takes the gun from a mouse gun in your hand to a gun that fits the hand perfectly for me. If I need to pocket carry, just put in a six round mag and it fits with ease.

·
G43 Fanboy
3,126 Posts
I carry an OEM flush fit mag with magGuts+1 in my G43 and another OEM mag with MagGuts +2 as a spare.

None of the aftermarket mag extensions I have tried with my G43s, especially MagGuts, have caused any reliability issue whatsoever with my carry ammo (or range ammo) so far.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Six-round factory mags only. Flat mag in-gun, pinky-extended mag as spare. Additional spares of each dedicated to gun for carry. Plus, 10 factory mags (five flat, five extender) to drop on concrete at the range. NO MALFUNCTIONS WITH FACTORY MAGS, WHETHER MARKED "01" OR NOT. By contrast, we have seen multiple malfunctions with magazines modded with various "+" baseplates. My advice is to stick with standard G43 factory mags. Don't mess with it.

·
23,398 Posts
Stock factory OEM mags in Glocks only. Glock should make factory extended mags for the G43. I don't like making a concealable gun less concealable by carrying it with an extended mag, but I would like the option of carrying a higher capacity factory extended mag.

Otherwise for someone who's carried a 5 round J-frame for many years, a gun that holds 7 rounds doesn't seem too bad.

·
NRA Life Member
73,561 Posts
First I have heard of problems with stock, 6-round G43 magazines. Then again, internet.shooters have a lot of problems you don't see in the real world.

I carry with either a 6 round or a 7 round with a Pearce extension, depending on my concealment need of the day.

·
Registered
33,368 Posts
What does the Glock talk Brain trust have to say about this?
I use stock 6-round mags. Always reliable.

The G43 has a couple advantages in that 6+1 configuration:
-- lighter weight (because fewer bullets).
-- more power than most competitors (because slightly longer barrel).

I'm not opposed to more rounds, but the G43 is pretty great as is without them.

I do also like the G43x because of both the fuller longer grip, and because of the 10+1.

:)

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I voted 6 round OEM, because that's what I carry at the moment.

I briefly tried a 6 round OEM in the gun with a 12 round ETS backup in the pocket, but it only ran smooth with FMJ, not with my defensive loads, so I scrapped it for 1-2 OEMs for backup.

But, I am open to using MagGuts because I have had great success with them in my Bodyguard .380. I just haven't bothered to get them yet, especially since I bought a P365.

If I were to stick with the G43 and add MagGuts, I'd use the +1 in the pistol and the +2 in any backup mags.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.