4256-1- Trigger Bar in Stock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by oldsoldier, Feb 6, 2010.

1. oldsoldier

oldsoldier

Glockparts.com has the new 4256-1- trigger bar in stock if you need one for your G29 G30 SF pistols.

2. Discobobby

Discobobby

Wow, I hope that's really the -1- part and not a typo. They don't explicitly call it out as the replacement part, but they do have the original... I think. I can't get Glockmeister up right now to double check.

Does anybody else have them yet?

3. oldsoldier

oldsoldier

Should be the right one. I asked Dave at glockparts.com to order them a few weeks back. He said he would but they would probably not come in until after the shot show. I received an email from Dave this morning confirming that they are the 4256-1- and were in stock. Look close at their site and you will see where it is listed as an 4256-1- in the description of the part. I ordered one so I'll let you know if it is the right part but I'm pretty sure it is.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  4. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

Thanks for the heads up, got one on order also!

5. Discobobby

Discobobby

Nice! I have one on the way. Thanks for the hook-up!

6. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

So you are paying $18.85 + $3.00 shipping for something Glock will send for free to an armorer if you needed it?

7. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

No armorers in the area that I know of. I am proficient enough to change it out myself and don't want to send my gun back to Georgia for the work....which would cost me a little more than $21.85.

8. mteagle1

mteagle1

Nothing to indicate any of the posters were armorers. Neither am I but I would think only certain armorers are getting their parts for free.

9. nnickatnight

nnickatnight

I couldn't tell by the post but were looking for the .45 trigger because it's serrated? The 4256 Smooth trigger fits the SF guns regardless of frame size, the only difference between the G21SF and G30SF is the serrations. Glock armorers don't get the parts for free unless you work for a PD in which case it's still not free but the PD foots the bill.

10. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

If a part is being replaced because of an issue any armorer can get it for free. Just have to call/fax with guns serial number, part requested and why.

11. cciman

cciman

People with good confirmed info need to input here. There is alot of web chatter, but no one with seemingly posting convincing info. Glock needs to put one of their own on this forum to control hysteria.

What exactly is the difference between the 4256-1 and the "new" 4256-1-? Pics showing the 2 would be nice. That dash may simply be a date indicator or manufacturing (source) reference.

The Glock handgun is not an exact tolerance machine-- its more reliable that way, sloppy by design

Where is the presumed "problem" occurring on the original 4256-1? Consistent FTRTB with good factory made ball ammo means bad recoil spring to me.

12. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

There are TONS of threads on the supposed issues with the G30sf, you are better served by searching and reading than turning this thread into yet another in the long list of painful ones.

13. oldsoldier

oldsoldier

Glock confirmed to me that they will send out the 4256-1- trigger bar to an armorer for free. The problem is I couldn't find a certified Glock armorer in my area. My options were to send it off to Glock or just buy one and put it in myself. I've replaced trigger bars and other parts in my Glocks so no big deal. I don't need an armorer to install something as easy as a Glock trigger bar.

14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The "4256-1-" trigger bar was designed to cure a problem in some newer G29SF and G30SF pistols. Installing it in a pistol that has no problem may just generate a new problem.

15. cciman

cciman

I ordered one 4256-1-. If there is a measurable difference from my current 4256-1, I'll post further info/pics here.

I did look over the other posts.

16. pterodon

pterodon

And therein lies the problem with this whole G29SF/30SF mess. There has been much speculation regarding what may be causing the problem with these models, but Glock, Inc. has remained silent. The fact that there is some sort of problem is confirmed by the very existence of this new part, but I wonder specifically what the new trigger bar is supposed to fix? Rather than quietly slipping a new part into the supply chain without any explanation of it's intended purpose, I believe Glock would be better served to issue a bulletin describing the issue and defining the appropriate use of this new part. As was stated previously, installing it in a pistol that doesn't require it is likely to create a problem where one didn't exist before. The problem is - other than speculation on internet forums like this one - there is no official word on when this part should or should not be utilized.

I can accept the fact that manufactured products will occasionally have defects. I think most reasonable people can accept it as well, provided that the company stands behind its product takes responsibility for making things right.

IMO, Glock's response to this issue has been dismal. By putting a part out on the street with no explanation as to it's applicability, there's probably an equal chance that it will create a problem as there is that it will solve one. And in the meantime, we as Glock customers have nothing to go on other than rumors and speculation. Given the nature of this particular product, I'm surprised that Glock is comfortable with amateur gunsmiths having access to parts for which the intended purpose has not been made clear.

17. cciman

cciman

I agree... its a tough to assess cause/effect on a mass basis. Look at how hard Toyota has looked at their "accelerator problem" and have yet to provide a definitive reason that explains all cases. Very few in a large sample can create a firestorm. We just do not know the true numerator or denominator.

18. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

I have, or "had" that problem and am a participant in the original historic thread. I have since eliminated the problem with my trigger bar but only after alot of alteration.

I am more curious as to an actual fix with the new trigger bar than I am satisfied with my altered one.

If I receive the new bar and still have problems I will put back in my current setup and acknowledge another "quick fix" attempt by Glock as worthless...

19. axhoaxho

axhoaxho

I think in general it is a welcome news that the 4256-1- trigger bar is now available to be ordered on web to us.

Regards,

20. cmspeedy

cmspeedy

Good news - now someone can actually post what the differences are. Maybe this will stop the speculation with some real data. Like answering this one - Is this only to fix the FTRTB or will it also help with the TB rubbing on the slide issue?

I wish Glock would take a stance on this and let us know what is going on. That way we at least the armorers would know which bar is suited to each gun.

At least the part is now available!!