close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

404 on Donations page

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by kentley, May 1, 2003.

1. kentley

kentley

I just tried to make a donation using the CC link and received an error message.

Is it just my computer, or is the donations link down?

Thanks in advance,
    kentley

2. jtetterton

jtetterton I'm the shizzit

Kently,

Join the club, I've counted 4 people now that have tried to GIVE money to Glocktalk and they don't even have the respect to say "Thanks, but no thanks." They simply ignore emails and threads.. This forum is flying blind right now.. A few moderators hanging in there doing a great job.. but that appears to be as high as the chain of command goes :)

Sorry...

3. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

jtetterton, this forum is NOT flying blind and I resent your comments. I have been running this place for five years and I do not think that a couple months on the site gives you the right to judge my efforts. Do you have any idea how much of my time it takes to keep this place going? Do you know anything about me or my circumstances at all? You don't and your comments are misplaced and insulting. I am doing the best I can to keep this place going and if that isn't good enough for you, then I do not know what to tell you.

The payment form is down because on top of everything else, I had to deal with a pretty serious attack on one of my servers recently and the server load was pushed so high on the box being attacked that one of the RAID'ed drives failed. I stopped the attack, dealt with the attacker and got vital services back up and running, but I haven't had time to get everything running. OK?

I appreciate the efforts of those attempting to help support this site and I will get the payment form back up as soon as I can. Eric

4. kentley

kentley

5. SGT109FA

SGT109FA Eat this Osama

;2 ;1 ;W ;C lmao

6. jtetterton

jtetterton I'm the shizzit

You definetly take things personally.. Ease up slugger.. You haven't responded to ANY of my emails or posts until now, when you felt threatened.

You could atleast setup an autoresponder.. At any rate.. I see that you are "here", so I look forward to things taking shape.. The clock that is 70 minutes off for example, which I've emailed and posted about.. And hopefully you will allow some of us to donate to this worthy cause..

And YES, I do know what it takes to run a site like this. I've been running one similar (although about a different topic) for the past three years, and I'm well aware of the time, effort, and MONEY that goes into one.

7. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

jtetterton, the clock isn't 70 minutes off. I just checked and it was 2 minutes off, which I rectified. The GT server resides in Arizona, which does not recognize daylight savings time. The time offset to GMT here is -7 all year.

If you emailed me and I didn't answer you, I apologize. I get between 250 and 300 emails every day, seven days a week. Sometimes more. That's not including mail generated to root, on my various servers. A good deal of them are spam and I sometimes inadvertantly delete the wheat with the chaff. Other times I set an email aside, meaning to come back to it, and I forget to do so. I am not someone that enjoys written correspondence and I'm not very good at staying on top of it, in the best of times. These are not the best of times and I get more mail and pm's than I can possibly deal with. I am damned busy these days, trying to keep this place running and building a business that can support it and me. I stay on top of things as best I can. If at some point in the future your site gets as busy as this one, I wish you luck dealing with its admistration better than I have done here.

For the record, I did not feel threatened. I felt insulted. At any rate, I did not mean to snap at you. I'm really not a bad guy. Just harried and stressed. Eric