Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i posted before, i was having fte probs with my 36. i replaced the ex. and have since put 400 rds thru it with no problems. not sure if that was the fix or it simply needed shooting. i've over 1000 rds thru it now and the fte's seemed to be lessening as time went by. break in maybe. some here say no break in needed for a glock. bs. it's mechanical. it has tolerances. you get one part machined on the high, mating part on the low, you have a chance for a problem. hence break in. that's 400 rds of carry ammo also. GD. some shoot 200 rds of practice ammo and 20 rds of carry ammo and declare it carry worthy. again, bs. 500 of carry ammo is the minimum for me. just my opinion. anyway, i'm happy, as it's the favorite of my three glocks. 30 and a recently purchased 26, both with 700+ flawless rds. sorry for the long post. btw, same grip i've used for the last 30 yrs for all the limp wrist solutions i got earlier.:cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
i replaced the ex.
Does that mean you replaced the extractor?

My 36 experiences FTE's (Eject) with different brands of ammo. I can only recall one Failure to Extract, where the round fired and the casing stayed in the chamber.

I bought my 36 used and was told it had few hundred rounds through it. I have put about 400 rounds of target ammo and just a few magazines of hollow points. I have not had any problems with the Speer Gold Dots Hollow Points. I have tried WWB and Blazer target ammo and it has happened with both. I am ready to get this one broken in if that is what it takes. I am not the only shooter who has experienced this with my pistol.

Just looking for any options or suggestions. Do you think the extractor made the difference for you?

4,856 Posts
I shot a G36 for the first time tonight.
I was impressed, and it fits the hand perfectly.
50 rounds of 230gr. Winchester FMJ.
Nice powerful carry-gun, perfect for .45 acp lovers.
After firing a few mags, I got use to, and became much more accurate with it.
6 round mags x 8 mags later, with no malfunctions...
I thought about buying one for carry.
But, after comparing it to the G23, I realized that it was the same size, though slightly slimmer.
Conclusion:
I decided that the G23, 13+1 rounds, or G19 15+1 rounsds, would be better.

Sorry, dont mean to piss-off all of you G36 and .45 acp owners.
But, now I can see why the FBI chose the G23 & G22 to issue to their agents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.