$400 Leupold Scope for $80.... TRUMP IS RIGHT! China must be dealt with.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TGT, Sep 12, 2019 at 3:08 AM.

1. TGT

TGT They call me "The Chef". Fruit salad my specialty.

Well gents, I figured what better way to show a perfect example of "Intellectual Theft" by commie China. Here's a Leupold 170675 1.5-5x20mm VX-3i scope available for $79-85, which normally would run about $400. Yes, it is a counterfeit.

Chinese Leupold Scope.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leupold-170675-1-5-5x20mm-VX-3i-Duplex-Reticle-Scope-Top-2019-Edition-Limited/283589899358?var=584848652471
    And there's other ads like that there too.

Add to this, years of the Chinese manipulating their currency value, American factories closing, and US companies being forced to provide technology to China to do business there, etc. This is why I stand behind Trump in his effort to halt these egregious practices. No other president in the last 50 years has had the intestinal fortitude to confront China. Yes, we may ultimately have to pay more for our "stuff", but I'm OK with that if it means a stronger & independent USA. No pain no gain!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM
    1L26, nevernuffglock, Ofc.JL and 10 others like this.
  2. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

Please buy the 3 pack from ebay those and one from an authorized Leupold retailer. Let me know how they compare. I seriously doubt there is any comparison.
    There are much better examples than this to base your and Trump's assertions on. I personally think the issue with the e-cig vaporizers is more problematic. Especially pharmaceutical manufacturing that occurs over there and makes to the US. That entire industry is seems out of control for us here in the USA.

3. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

No, it's not.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Inyo Tim and willie_pete like this.
  4. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Maybe it fell off a truck somewhere.

;)

5. ray9898

ray9898

Ehhhh....nothing to get worked up about. It may look like a high end product but the quality still will be no where the same. It is a knock off for people who run knock offs.

6. DAKA

DAKA

Buy AMERICAN...
    We are replacing some of our cookware..I'm buying ALL CLAD pots, USA made almost 3 times the cost of CALPHION or another like Chinese product.
    Thing is, I feel the AMERICAN made ones are OVERPRICED. ($225 for a 3 1/2 qr pot !!) but I bought them anyway...

7. Rick James45

Rick James45

Be careful even with All Clad. Make sure it is made in PA and marked so. I believe Emerald's stuff is just All Clad made in China. If you do go international, De Buyer carbon steel is the bomb and priced right.

BTW - I sent the link for the scope to Leupold's counterfeit contact. Yes, I know, its probably like playing Wack A Mole with the counterfeiters, but one has to play their part.

lee1000 and dbak like this.
  8. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

The Trump tariff fallout will be uncomfortable but worth it in the long run.

The media does a crap job explaining it and I’d even say deliberately mislead the public on it.

TGT, Mtnfolk75, Ofc.JL and 7 others like this.
  9. DAKA

DAKA

Thanks, I thought it was all USA made....what is Emerald ? De Buyer?

10. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

That’s a Leeapult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimcorbin likes this.
  11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The Chinese making bootleg copies of everything, regardless of intellectual property law, is nothing new. It just seems like more of that stuff is getting into the U.S. these days. In Afghanistan, we could get $5 Benchmade knives and Oakley and Ray-Ban sunglasses all day long and I have seen guys ship gorilla boxes full of Beats headphones they got for $10 each. My $10 "Beats" bluetooth speaker is still going strong and I enjoy starting it up to listen to the girl on the audio menu with her comedy-movie stereotypical Chinese accent ("De bwutoof dewice es-a now weady to pow" - "de bwutoof dewice has a-powed successfuwy").

Last time I looked on Ebay for an Aimpoint red dot, most of them were bootlegs.

jame, orangejeep06 and Mayhem like Me like this.
  12. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

THE MEDIA ARE LIARS??!! THEY MISLEAD US, THE PUBLIC??!! NOOOOO!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

Next you'll be telling us that google incorporates algorithms to obfuscate truthful search results.

Mtnfolk75, catman71, nrajeff and 2 others like this.
  13. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Vote Trump 2020!

We don't need no China-Mart crap :)

TGT, Mtnfolk75, Agonizer and 4 others like this.
  14. DAKA

DAKA

Whatever happened to CRAP from Japan and China having Made in .... labels..I thought that was the "LAW"?
    I remember a long time ago that they named a city USA and stuff was labeled made in USA (Japan)?
    Geezze who won the war?

nrajeff likes this.
  15. Lithium

Lithium

I’ve been on a range where a lesser quality scopes reticle broke under recoil. Now all the guy had was a club.

If $$ is no object, the finest scopes are still German, although there are American versions that will give it serious competition using German glass.

Oh and All Clad is nice but take a look at Demeyere, my personal favorite. Just be sure to take your heart meds (or whisky) before you look at the price. :clown:

KikoMonster likes this.
  16. Rick James45

Rick James45

https://www.centurylife.org/is-all-...s-it-cost-so-much-what-are-some-alternatives/

https://www.debuyer.com/en

Oddly enough, both above are French companies/holdings. All Clad is held by Groupe SEB.

I think the counterfeiting is just nasty and needs to be crushed. The companies moving from US to overseas structure is just another symptom of Globalization and consumer's thirst for cheap.

We have a saying, "It's just as good, but not the same".

For the average Joe, the performance of Top Tier Product, like All Clad US made and the Emeril Chinese made is probably a wash.

However, I would strongly challenge the performance equivalent of a Chinese knockoff scope verse the real deal. Which brings another issue. US manufactures shifting to more off shore manufacturing for cost cutting may be a win in the short game. But they are also shifting the technology offshore. That is a long term losing game. IMHO - Wall Street does not give 2 peanuts about the long term.

Reap what you sow - 101.

ThomasM4 likes this.
  17. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

China should have been dealt with 30 years ago, when it would have been easy. Thank God Trump is taking them on now instead of kicking the can down the road even further to when it’s too late.

TGT, sombunya, larry_minn and 2 others like this.
  18. Wishoot

Wishoot

I'd put my 30 year old Texas-made Weaver K4 up against that junk any day.

19. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

the problem is that China has influence with both the GOP and DFL. Mitch and Biden are 2 good examples. THIS is what needs to be dealt with....corruption in our government. Stop the corruption, and you will see real change with China.

Rick James45 likes this.
  20. JK-linux

JK-linux

The fact you can get the counterfeit items here - cheap, legally, and without any obvious disclaimer stating it's stolen intellectual property, and that you can get them from mainstream sources, unimpeded... that's the problem.

oneofthose, Pandaz3, sombunya and 4 others like this.