40 word thread!!! Let's see good replies...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JeepsterChris, Jan 21, 2010.

1. JeepsterChris

JeepsterChris Jeepster Maniac

You know, it's really easy and fun to make a two, three, four or five word post thread. How about making it a real challenge? What say we try to have replies that make sense. This thread has FORTY words.:wavey:

2. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

words.

:wavey:

3. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

I really don't get the whole "four word thread", "five word thread" thing. People have fun with it though and that's all that matters. I really like this though, it takes a little more thinking, and you can say more.

4. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

I like maynardwix find this thread to be more amusing and entertaining than the four word and five word threads. I hate it when you have one more word than alloted to say. Well I hope this thread goes well.

5. raxar

raxar Golliwog

“I have received a call from Earl, my local Army/Navy/CIA-surplus /airsoft dealer. He informed me that he had recently gotten a shipment of slightly irregular Swedish Special Forces wool boxer shorts. I had to have them.”

fo-tay

6. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

I was kidding around on my last post here, so now I will be seriously serious.

I am not sure that Raxars' post was indeed, 40 words, ( CIA is not a word), Raxar, in fact is not a word, but a name.

Nor, is " fo-tay".

:tongueout:

7. raxar

raxar Golliwog

Raxar is indeed a word, much in the way that “oreo” or “glock” is a word, since before it was my name it was an antibiotic. Fo-tay is indeed a word too, usually said after “glock” and before shooting yourself.

8. JeepsterChris

JeepsterChris Jeepster Maniac

I have to say, I'm very impressed so far! It's a little more difficult when you actually have to think about what you say, then count to forty. I had to take off my shoes and count fingers and toes twice!

9. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

10. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

11. wesley

wesley

I can see that this is going to become a huge hit among regular visitors. I don't know if I can do this though and that is why I am trying. If my post isn't right will I be outcast?

12. UncleLuke

UncleLuke G27 Owner

For me, message boards likes this one are great for sharing info, searching for data and keeping up with the news. Threads like this fit into none of those categories. So why the hell am I participating in this one? :badpc::chatter:

13. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Nice try. I tried this once before- I think mine was a twenty six word thread, and it was locked in short order. The reason was that there was too many "word" threads. Either way, good luck with this one.

14. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

Well this thread hasn't been locked, but has died off because of lack of participation. I'd really like to see others join in on this and keep it going, I really like the idea. Come on folks, it's not hard!

15. Kith

Kith

I missed this somewhere along the way. The first time I saw it was just a few minutes ago, or I would have posted sooner. I guess it will bounce along in jumps every few days? Hope it works out.

16. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Glad to see this thread back, I was kind of disappointed to see it die so fast in this fickle crowd. I seriously doubt that this one will equal the post count of other "word" threads, but we can try!

17. void *

void * Dereference Me!

As with every thread title that indicated a specific number of words for the thread, but did not actually have that many words in the title, this thread title disappoints me greatly and I must say it does not deliver.

18. raxar

raxar Golliwog

Ode to Trident Splash, Summer Spearmint, chewing gum

Oh chewy mass of synthetic goodness, your hard outer shell contains your sweet blob like center, much like an allegory for my own inner wuss surrounded by a rough, hair covered exterior

19. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

20. Ryan-17

Ryan-17

seriously i can't even count to fourty.... i was at my sisters house today and her cat is in heat and she searched remedys online and i almost threw up it is nasty people actually use Qtips to "satisfy" their cat