40 to 9 convert

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by win, Jan 31, 2010.

1. win

win

anyone ever try a 40 to 9 conversion?
    I was thinking about getting a g19 but also though about a g23 and getting a conversion barrel.
    Are these worth messing with?
    thanks

2. stroker

stroker

wolf distribtors they work great. Cheap way to have 2 weapons 'PERSAY'

3. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

no experience. but i have heard good things. buy a 23 get some g19 mags and a 40-9 conversion and your good to go.

4. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Caliber conversions with Glocks are very easy and work well. With a G22 or 23 you can have 9mm, .40, .357 sig and .22 lr all in one gun. :supergrin:

5. KK40384

KK40384

I have a 40-9 Storm Lake barrel in my G23. So far it's been flawless

6. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Both Glocks and Sigs.
    Fun and economy.
    :supergrin:

7. oldnoob

oldnoob

I have Lone Wolf 40-9 run in both of my G22 and 23. They work great for range shooting. It wasn't 100% reliable like my stock barrel with correct caliber but I wasn't going to complain about that 3 FTE out of 3.5K practice ammo I shot for fun at range.

But for SD/HD, I highly recommend stay with stock parts and barrel.

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper

I have Lone 9mm barrels for a 23 and 27. They both work great.

9. Kona2004

Kona2004

I had two gun shop employees basically imply that I was stupid a couple weeks ago for even suggesting a G23 was capable of firing 9mm. I have both a G19 and G23 and recently purchased a Lone Wolf .357 sig barrel for my G23. I really wasn't looking at shooting 9mm from my G23, since I already have a G19, just knew it was possible.

This all came up because I was looking at a Sig P226. I was debating whether I wanted to go with 9mm or 40S&W and asked if the Sig, like the 40S&W Glocks, was able to shoot 9mm. One employee abruptly stopped me and said you can't do that with Glocks and I told him yes you can. He got the other guy involved, who I actually like dealing with, and they started going off about the extractor not being able to pick up the 9mm and that you wouldn't be able to cycle more than three rounds at a time, if that. They asked where I had heard of such a thing and I told him to go look at the Lone Wolf site. Instead of doing so, they then started on that voiding a Glock warranty. Not wanting to continue the argument, I simply left and picked up a Sig P226 in 40S&W at another shop 10 miles away and $150 cheaper. :supergrin:

10. CBennett

CBennett

yes they are 9mm is still cheaper to shoot than .40(which is now officially as much to shoot as .45 ACP is) and you will probably pay your barrel off in savings of ammo(about $4-5 a box at least if not more) in a year or less. I got the Glock 23 9mm ported barrel from Lone Wolf its never had a malfunction in over 600+ rounds. Oh and its MORE accurate than the stock Glock barrel also this is what I got.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=984

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  11. CBennett

CBennett

actually even though glock 19 mags work I got the glock 17 mags just so you could visibly tell the difference easy and not get your mags mixed up accidentally since the 17's stuck out the bottom so much and cant be mistaken for the glock 23 mags.

12. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

Yes, the aftermarket Lone Wolf 9mm barrels work fine for range use. I bought one for my G23 before I bought my G19. Also, pick up a Glock factory .357 barrel, and you'll have a 3 caliber set up. With Glock parts, the .357 conversion is as reliable as the factory .40

I shoot my lead reloads from my Lone Wolf barrel with no leading problems, as they have conventional rifling instead of polygonal.

13. oldnoob

oldnoob

That's what gun shop clerk do. Why would they let you know that you can buy a $100 conversion barrel online, when they could get you to purchase $500 gun from them. They like to use the "half true" or "straight up BS" to make any sale they can get. The extractor issue they mention was half true. Glock 40s&w and 9mm use different extractor and ejector, and yes that difference will reflect to the reliability. But it's not "wouldn't be able to cycle more than three rounds...". As I mentioned at my last post. I have shoot over 3.5K of any cheap 9mm practice ammo through my G22 and G23 with LWD conversion barrel. And so far only 3 FTE ever happen, all I use was the conversion barrel and 9mm magazine. For range use, I think that's well worth the money.

14. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

I have a Storm Lake std. conversion and a Lone Wolf threaded for my G23. Both are 100% over hundreds of rounds now, but the SL choked on maybe the first 3 mags before breaking in.

I've almost forgot my G23 is a .40!

One weird thing though is that both std length barrels shoot POA and the threaded LW is about an inch high at 23'.