close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.40 S&W with a glock?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ripro, Jan 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. scccdoc

scccdoc

2. Ripro

Ripro Ripro

Thank you for your help I picked up a Wilson Case gauge on Ebay for $15 and I can't believe that little gauge has actually given me a little peace of mind knowing the case's are sized right. Thanks again. Dan

3. cabrego

cabrego

I just started reloading 40 s&w and haven't had an issue with my g27. I have test fired rounds that were with brass shot from my g27 too-my 2 cents. Haven't noticed any kind of bulges.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Exactly this.. My Glock 22, there is a noticeable lack of support at the 6:00 position, and brass looks quite different fired from my G22, than my G23(which is about 3yrs old). That's not to say it isn't reloadable, but I can tell when I've shot ammo from my 22, vs my 23. My G23 has much better support at 6:00.

I'd say if you're Glock is reasonably new(not older than 5yrs) you'll probably be fine... you might even have a newer barrel on one older than that, but I'm not sure.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

You can also just use the barrel of your firearm. Field strip your firearm, and see if your rounds drop/fall freely from your barrel. If you have to force them or they stick, then diagnose the problem.

6. jadedragon

jadedragon

I bought a EGW/Lee undersized die for loading .40 S&W and never worried about the Glock "bulge" anymore.

7. dvrdwn72

dvrdwn72

inspect every load. I get a small bulge at 6oclock. invest in a chrono, it helps. if I stay under 1050 fps I know I'm good. I stay around 930 - 950 fps.

8. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 13 Air Medals.

The EGW/Lee undersize die. Sizes the case just as far down as the Regular sizing die. It only sizes the case .001 small than a regular Lee sizing die.

9. dkf

dkf