40% of people with coronavirus have no symptoms

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Aug 8, 2020.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

catman71, Slackinoff, hannstv and 4 others like this.
  2. Bradley T

Bradley T

Indeed it is! Everything you read, hear and see about it makes you ask "What the heck will they fake up next?"

Inyo Tim and tm255 like this.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

What about this is fake? The deaths?

4. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

The LAPD Detective's wife who died from COVID-19 turns out she got it from him and he showed no symptoms.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  5. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

Interesting article. Very promising. Thanks for sharing.

6. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

"40% of people with corona virus have no corona virus"

tm255, JimWillson and MaxxAction like this.
  7. R*E

R*E

The other takeaway from this article is the effect of receiving a small viral load vs a large vial load. If you are around carriers of the virus, wearing a mask reduces the amount of virus you’d pick up and that gives your immune system a better chance of fighting off it off.

8. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

Fake? no. Over-blown, over-hyped, media driven fear mongering? Yes. If the exaggerated numbers are to be believed (which they shouldn't), currently far less than one half of one percent have died from this virus in the US (.049%). Daily births still outweigh all causes of death so the population is still growing. Now look at the abortion rate and tell me what the real virus is.

9. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

This makes me nervous because they are carriers without symptoms, and are walking among us. This is why testing is HUGE because you can identify positive covid 19 cases. At work, our patient zero was asymptomatic and we were not prepared because we were only testing those with symptoms.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  10. elkhart

elkhart

Your situation, in a nursing home, is different. And I won't even comment on what they should or should not be doing there because I am not familiar with that environment.

My kid starts back to school in a couple weeks, they are doing a hybrid approach meaning two days at school, three days at home. They have to stay home for ten days if they test positive, are around anyone that tests positive, or if they show symptoms. Seems like everything under the sun is a symptom, even not having symptoms can be a sign of an asymptomatic carrier! Even in the best of times the kids have colds, flu, allergies, etc. Roto virus usually makes its rounds every October it seems. The end result will be that most kids will be distance learning, which was a total sheet show last spring.

Sorry Riddick, as the coffee kicks in I'm realizing not a whole lot in this rant is relevant with your post, just venting.

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  11. tm255

tm255

Deaths, well, in fact, yes, to an extent.

There is a big difference in dying from ChinaVirus and dying with ChinaVirus. One of the studies out of NYC stated that 40% of reported ChinaVirus deaths were in fact not from ChinaVirus. Anecdotal similar incidents are being seen almost daily.

Removing all qualifiers, a good example of totally fake are the two articles from The Lancet and The New England Journal of Medicine that condemned HCQ. After publication, they were outed as fake and withdrawn.

Additionally, official information disseminated to the public has been fake. First we were told by Fauci et al that masks not only did not help, they increased the likelihood of contracting The Virus. Now we are told that wearing masks is a vital front line defense that is necessary to save lives. One of those positions, by default, has to be fake information.

Then comes the plethora of fake news, such as our President suggesting that drinking fish tank cleaner is a cure and as reported in my local paper this week our President stating that drinking isopropyl alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good thing to do to combat The Virus.

Pretty sad that the response to a widespread medical crisis has been so compromised by the large dose of fake.

12. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

Now that you mention it...

"A 60-year-old man who died from a gun shot wound to the head."

"A 90-year-old man who fell and died from complications of a hip fracture."

"A 77-year-old woman who died of Parkinson's disease."

"These are some of the deaths in Palm Beach County recently, and incorrectly, attributed to COVID-19 in medical examiner records."

https://cbs12.com/news/local/i-team-deaths-incorrectly-attributed-to-covid-19-in-palm-beach-county

Intolerant and hannstv like this.
  13. hannstv

hannstv

There is an interesting article on RealClearPolitics from a Swedish ER doctor today. Seems they believe they are over the worst part of the pandemic. Claims he hasn't seen a positive 'Rona test in days.

14. Intolerant

Intolerant

15. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Sweden appears to have leveled off at around 300-400 new cases a day with the normal weekend dips likely due to slow reporting. Of course this is tiny compared to the dreadful performance of the USA.

16. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

My SIL tested positive last Friday. She said, she only had slight fever and slight loss of taste. She is well now, but still in quarantine. My brother is negative and so is my niece.
    The virus, it seems, is very choosy. Not complaining, just sayin...

vikingsoftpaw likes this.