close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

40 Glock sight question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by duffman07, Mar 17, 2010.

1. duffman07

duffman07

Hello GT,

Im new here, first post and all, and am about to go do some swapping around for my first glock. Now before everyone starts reminiscing about their first glock purchase I would greatly appreciate it is you would help me out. A friend gave me about 2500 155gr. 40 bullets and I was wondering about the POI as compared to the POA with the standard glock sights would be with this particlular grain bullet. I know usually people would just shoot what weight shot the closest but I guess I'm doing things backwards. Again I greatly appreciate any and all responses and and pretty excited about getting a Glock.

Thank you again,

Duffman07
    P.S.
    By the way, I mainly shoot at 25 yards, and am looking real hard at the G23, it just seems like the perfect size to me.

2. bentbiker

bentbiker

Butch recently posted that Glock designs all the guns for POA = POI at 25yds. Sometimes the heavier bullets can be higher, but you aren't talking about a heavy bullet.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010

3. StreetDoctor

StreetDoctor

I am no expert, in fact novice is more like it, and I have no vast knowledge of ballistics.
    I can tell you that I own and shoot the full sized G-22, and the compact G-27. I have shot 180gr, 165gr, and as far as POA to POI, it is all me. I have been working on not pushing the trigger, causing the POI to be to the left of my POA. If I use good trigger control I hit where I aim no matter the weight of the bullet. I am sure others can speak much more on your question. But in my situation, and experience this is what I have found.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520

If those bullets are unjacketed lead you'll need an aftermarket barrel with conventional rifling to shoot them out of a Glock. Glock's have polygonal rifling, which doesn't leave much room for the lead buildup to escape.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  5. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

First, welcome to GT.

Second, your buddy gave you 2500 bullets. I assume you reload. Load 100 up and go out and figure it out for yourself what the POI vs POA is.