Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
This one is going for close to $400 unused. I only have $ for one purchase at the moment and wanted a 92 prior to buying anything exotic but I could see just grabbing the 96 if I talk myself into it. I was after a 92 inox yet this eludes me at this time. Also heard the 96 with straight dust cover is prone to cracking after a while.
As for cracking, I've heard SOMEONE say that about just about every handgun made. My 96D hasn't cracked and has quite a few rounds through it.
Pick your poison.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Bought a 96G Centurion a little while ago and absolutely love it. Very good balance of power, weight and I have no problem at all concealing it in a Don Hume holster (thanks for the advice collim!)
Those are great pistols and the G model is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The new 96a1 holds 12 +1. The old Beretta 96 was originally introduced with 10 +1, then went to 11+1. The 12 rounders work in the older guns. As far as the straight dust cover models cracking, I've heard of it, but never seen it. I'm sure it's happened, just as it's happened on other guns. I've got a straight dust cover Inox 96 that was made in '99. I'm the second owner and have not been easy on it. It performs to expectations every time I shoot it.

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,852 Posts
Glock Talk Humor.

You've treaded into the waters of calibers wars. Your .40 cal is sufficient for defensive use. Many will chide you for not getting a 9mm version. However, much has been made of the law enforcement community's going back to the 9mm.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,518 Posts
ChinaBoy you are correct. MecGar makes a 15 round .40 cal magazine for the 96. Sticks out about 5/8 of an inch out of the magwell. Maybe off topic but anybody tried loading and using the 9mm mags? I loaded some ball rounds in one of my 92 mags. Holds 11 like the standard 96 mag and I could tell no discernable difference between the two. Fed okay but was just hand cycling the rounds though.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts