GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a “regular” lone wolf conversion barrel work in a Gen5 G23? Or do I need to order a conversion barrel specifically for a Gen5 pistol? TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Awesome
10,274 Posts
I doubt anyone knows, yet. Only one forum poster has one, in hand, that I’ve seen.

Reactions: bababoris and -JCN-

·
Registered
270 Posts
I’ve only seen a Gen5 G22 in a store. I’m not a 40 fan but I find a Gen5 G23 I’ll be buying it. I’m curious if my AA 22lr upper will actually work on the G23 Gen5 since it’s for a Gen5 G19.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I’ve only seen a Gen5 G22 in a store. I’m not a 40 fan but I find a Gen5 G23 I’ll be buying it. I’m curious if my AA 22lr upper will actually work on the G23 Gen5 since it’s for a Gen5 G19.
I don't see there being a problem since the only difference in the frame is the ejector. At worse you might have to put a 9mm ejector into the G23 but I doubt it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Also, isn't the G19 barrels interchangeable between Gen 3, 4, and 5. If so, I don't see why the G23 barrels would be any different.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I don't see there being a problem since the only difference in the frame is the ejector. At worse you might have to put a 9mm ejector into the G23 but I doubt it.
The Gen 5 23s have a wider slide, not sure if it's just thicker walls or if the breech face changes at all with the wider slide.

Though I'm sure if the standard conversion barrels don't work, places like Lone Wolf will have new ones along pretty quick.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The Gen 5 23s have a wider slide, not sure if it's just thicker walls or if the breech face changes at all with the wider slide.

Though I'm sure if the standard conversion barrels don't work, places like Lone Wolf will have new ones along pretty quick.
Thanks,

I forgot that they made the Gen 5 slides wider. I guess we will have to see if the barrel hood at the breach face is the same or wider on the new pistols.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts