Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! First off I have to shoot lead in the indoor range I use. I purchased a partial box of 40cal Lasercast lead bullets 155 grains, I loaded them with 7.7 grains of AA#5 I am shooting a new Glock 35 with a red dot sight my groupings were 4 inches at 50 feet! I also had along my XD sub compact open sight and had 2inch groups; my thinking was the sight was malfunctioning taking it off it still shot 4 inches? I then some factory ammo, 170gr and the groups tightened up to 1 1\2 inches. My question in this long winded affair is this weight of bullet poor for the twist rate, or is it that I am shooting lead bullets and the polygonal rifeling just not grabbing the shoulders well, OR should I purchase a drop in barrel for lead,I have read that a lot of Glock owners do shoot lead without any problems with stock barrels. If a new barrel what barrel, Storm lake, KKM ect. I was able to later shoot 170 grain lead and I had under 2" groups. ??????:dunno:

·
Remember
95 Posts
could be your gun just doesn't like that particular bullet.
Your best bet is to NOT shoot lead out of your factory barrel, and/or get a drop in replacement for shooting lead.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
First one is a 357 sig to 9mm.

Second one is a 45acp Glock 30 to 10mm.

steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies I feel the barrel is to fault with the bullet weight, SO I will replace the barrel. :supergrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts