close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3rd gens still being made?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Hitman 47, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Hitman 47

Hitman 47

Are the standard non RTF 3rd gen Glocks still being made? Got a chance to fire a 4th gen G22 this week and while I really didn't notice any difference between a 4th and 3rd gen, I like the look of the 3rd gen better.

2. Master T

Master T

Hope so, I have had a G27 ordered for over 5 weeks now! I also want the Gen 3

3. muckdawg24

muckdawg24

Dang really? That seems like a long time.

4. Shiloh13

Shiloh13

Yes, and probably will be for a while. I some states like California, the Gen4 will not be available due to the roster issues. Gen3 is all we can get. At least for now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  5. Glock-1982

Glock-1982

They tooks yo money. :tongueout:

I like the 3rd gen better. Hope you get your's soon

6. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Interesting. I hope the gen 3's do stay around & in production for a while. Being a Southpaw, I'm warming to the gen 4 for some of it's features, but I'd hate to have to wait for a gen 4 compact or subcompact to come out if I was ready to buy 1 before a gen 4 version comes out.

7. Hitman 47

Hitman 47

So there not even legal in CA? Admittedly I have not been to a gun store in nearly a year nor have kept up with the current gun laws here in commie... I mean California and I was in Nevada visiting friends and one of them had a 3rd and 4th gen Glock 22 that I got to fire. While I'm glad to hear the 3rd gens are still being made, I'm sad to hear the 4th gens are not legal. Makes me worried when Glocks expiration date on the approved roster comes up.

8. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

I'm not an insider, but heard from OMB the other day that Glock,inc. has ceased production of Gen 3's temporarily to fill the massive amounts of orders for Gen 4s. Of course, he could have been making excuses for my new G22 Gen4 not being in yet. 6 weeks and counting!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  9. 17RTF2

17RTF2

I bought mine last month and it was a 3rd Gen so they should have them still.

10. glock19 lover

glock19 lover

yeah I ordered mine last month and its a gen3, I don't really care for the gen4.

p.s. I cant wait to pick it up next week!!!!!!

11. 17RTF2

17RTF2

dang you ordered it last month and it just now came? I'd go crazy waiting that long. I had the gun shop order mine and it arrived the next day I just had to wait the 10 day deal.

12. G40Concealed

G40Concealed

Just purchased a gen 3, G23 a couple of weeks ago. It is brand new built in February 2010. So I'm assuming they are still making them.