close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3rd gen. Glock 17 Problems

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1911master, Aug 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 1911master

1911master

I am not new to Glocks but I need some help with my G17.

I installed a Ghost 3.5 connector and a Wolff 4# striker spring. With the trigger held in the back position, if I rack the slide, release the trigger the striker will release. Knowing that this is unsafe, I re-installed the factory spring. I have made this modification to my G17s and 19s and never had anything like this happen.

Can someone give me some insight. Jim

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Switching the striker spring is not the problem. The connector is not supposed to reset until the trigger bar moves forward

3. 1911master

1911master

I adjusted the 3.5 inward just a little and I mean very little. After I did, the problem went away. I also took it to the range today and fired 50 rounds and everything seems to work just fine. JR have you ever had to adjust connectors? Jim

4. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

I suspected the issue had more to do with the connector than anything else. You have to be careful bending the connector. Those suckers are hard and they dont take kindly to an adjustment.

5. 1911master

1911master

JR, thanks so much for the info. I was concerned when I talked to a former instructor of mine who swears by the Glock, its all he will carry, and he stressed to NEVER adjust the connector. I felt from looking at the connector and the housing, that the connector was to far away from the housing and trigger bar. I will continue to keep an eye on this. It is a sweet trigger and shooter. Thanks again.