close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3rd gen g19 needs to go

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TrueGunNut, Feb 19, 2012.

1. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

Was really hopeful that I wouldn't have my own glock failure thread, but I do now.

Went to run 200 rounds of wwb 115gr fmj and 3 mags of my carry ammo winchester ranger t 127grain +p+ through my glock 19 3rd gen. Bought this gun at the Houston gun show new last year; it has the new slide finish.

Had probably 4 casings thud me in the forehead with authority. Glad I am wearing safety glasses. Also recall 1 stovepipe.

Run by me what I need to do again? Call Glock and get a pre-paid shipping envelope? I feel like I better get it running right, because no one wants to buy a damn used glock. I like the trigger on it but it has yet to prove itself reliable as my H&Ks. AND this glock has been my carry gun! Scary...

2. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

Exhale. I feel like Glock is not the company they have had the reputation as being anymore. I should have just stayed with my expensive HK's!

3. donovan655

donovan655

I feel your pain...I wanted to move to the HK but after a really bad experience with a USP 9mm not extracting about every 100 rds, I gave up my hopes on that.

Ironically I traded the usp for a 3rd gen g19 (April 2011).

I like the g19 alot. I wanted to get a back up for it but there are enough issues I'm seeing that I ended up moving over to a PX4. I have a training gun, an every day carry, and a 40 cal for the hell of it. They have all been great.

4. SCC

SCC Member Me

find a gssf match you can take it to and they will look it over and replace parts that need to be replaced for free ....

5. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

As a side note, I used to have no problem at all buying a used Glock, but when I peruse the used case at the store now, if I see a used Glock with the new slide finish or a Gen4, I just start wonder if it was someone's problem child. Odds are not really but still, I hate to inherit an "issue." I keep my eyes out for older Gen3 ones. :dunno:

6. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

Huh? really? What about all this shipping it back to glock and waiting talk?

7. tonyparson

tonyparson

If you can find a Glock Armorer in your area they can get what you need from Glock..

8. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

My buddy works at the Sportsman's Finest gun store at Highway 71 and bee cave in Austin. Might take it there and see about my glock...might even do something impulsive, crazy, irrational and trade it for a new gun! Maybe a pocket 9mm, or something non defensive like a .22 or some sort of big bore revolver....

I give up easy lol Not sure what I will do though.

9. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

Thanks Tony, I am going to look into that!

10. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

Good Grief...is there no end to this stuff????

i think my next Glock just may be a REVOLVER!!!!

sorry about your problems, man......

11. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

^^ Thank you. I am seriously thinking about just downsizing my collection by (1) glock and having a nice 1911, hk45c and hkp30s.

12. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Any problems happen with the ranger or just the wwb?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

When you talk to the Armorer, tell them what's going on with it and ask them to order one of the 30274 9mm ejectors, the new ejector they're using in Gen4. The extractor may also need to be replaced but you won't know until you shoot the gun with the new ejector.

14. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

Might have had one of the ranger t casings hit me in the head. Can't say for sure. Still, it is supposed to be a GLOCK. Most annoying thing to have a gun do anything other than shoot.

15. Radian

Radian

Mine throw +p+ into orbit. Sure it did not bounce off the divider on the hot sutff?

While it should be fixed for free (gssf, factory, or armorer, i am sure in texas there are a few) and I have never seen anyone have stoppages on really hot 9mm. Puffy stuff sure nato or above tends to run through "issues"

Good luck.

16. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Try shooting something other than 115g and see of it helps. Most problems are a result of crappy 115g "economy" ammo. Never had an issue with 124g Speer lawman.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. YeaItsSlo

YeaItsSlo

My gen 3 26 does this when my girl shoots it, but never when I do.. Maybe get a tighter grip? Getting hit with brass sucks.

18. Streetglider08

Streetglider08

Diddo. Took my wife shooting the other week and she had three empties in a row land right on top of her head while she was shooting my 26. I took the gun from her and all brass ejected fine.

19. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

My glock 19 (gen3) spit out shells at my forehead about 5 times today during qualification. Oh well....

20. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I'll buy the OP's G19 for $300 and will pay shipping. Been wanting an extra Gen 3 G19 anyway. :cool: