close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.380 Day for me today I suppose

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KiloBravo, Mar 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

So...

With all of the talk about .380 ammo lately, I thought I would share my experience today. I called and located two boxes of Remington UMC at the local Dick's Sporting Goods at $20/50 rds.

Now my buddy just called and said he traded off his little 380 in for a heavier piece of hardware. He said I was welcome to a partial box of FMJ's and a full box of Critical Defense for FREE. I of course offered at least something for it. We will see what he can think of in the meantime.

Anyway, not really exciting post, but finding and buying ammo is always a good thing.

2. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Congrats! :cool:

Dicks Sporting Goods by us has limited ammo selection. I load my own, or buy in bulk on the internet.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

Glad you could find some. Have fun at the range.

4. simplyrob

simplyrob

man, i looked at 4 different spots yesterday for .380s, couldnt find a single round. had to resort to gb, got 5 boxes shipped for $144. gotta do what you gotta do i suppose. finally be able to shoot my lcp.

5. KiloBravo

I know...I have seen some of your ammo stock pics. :supergrin: :whistling:

6. KiloBravo

The stuff I got yesterday actually replaced the box I shot yesterday. :cool:

It was a lot of fun.

7. KiloBravo

WOW :wow: That's almost $30 per box. I am happy you found some though. Have fun breaking in the new hardware! :wavey:

8. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I stopped in Wal Mart today to get some 22 Fed bulk pack. 22LR is the only factory ammo I buy but I check what's in stock. All they had was a box of 40 S&W, a couple boxes of SIG .357 and a box of 9mm.
    I asked if they've seen any .380 lately. No.

9. KiloBravo

If that is the only factory ammo you are purchasing, let me know anytime you would like me to buy and ship you some. There is always a TON of it up here. My local stores carry the Federal, Remington, and the Winchester 333 round pack. You can just pay me back when you receive it. :wavey:

10. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Thanks but the local Wal Marts have been getting the 22 bulk packs fairly regular (I have plenty) but they still aren't getting in a good stock of pistol calibers.

11. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I was in one of the local Walmart's a couple of days ago. They had 9mm, 357SIG, 40S&W, and 44Mag in Winchester White Box. 9mm in Remington and 9mm in FN if I recall correctly. At least the little symbol on the box looked like the FN symbol. They also had a slew of rifle calibers, but no 22LR, which is what I went there for.

12. KiloBravo

That's good. I don't even want to say anything to jynx the good mojo lately, but the shortage does seem to be loosening up a little bit in most parts of the country.

13. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Oh yeah, I was at one of local dealers today and he said Winchester told him at the SHOT show that they were dedicating an entire new production line to 380. But he has yet to see any 380 ammo become available in any kind of quantities. He says the distributors are still limiting to a handful of boxes at a time. Although, I did see that he had some Armscor 380. I've never Armscor ammo though. Anybody know much about it?

14. KiloBravo

Our local stores seem to be getting more on the shelves lately too. *Knock on Wood*

15. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

You know, I was just up in PA for about the past month and I didn't even think to check the ammo shelves while I was up there.

16. KiloBravo

The places I frequent often have plenty of every caliber. I tend to check more than just Wal-Marts though, LOL.