.38 super stock gun...production? or standard?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by royal glockster, Oct 10, 2005.

1. royal glockster

royal glockster

just want to be clarified mga sir, if i play IPSC using an RIA single stack 1911 in .38 super, which division should i be classified, production or standard? Considering the caliber is minor but the equipment is single action. I want to be enlightened on this. Thanks!

2. JuDGe

JuDGe

you'll be placed in standard division, minor scoring

3. royal glockster

royal glockster

Thanks Judge, little bit confused lang since Dave Seveigny (spelling?) of team glock has been using G35 (.40?) for limited/standard, and i suppose that the safe action of glock is considered DAO. Besides, i really thought that standard division is the exclusive realm of single action pistols. ;Q

4. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Firing mechanism is not a retriction in Standard, you can use a single action pistol or a DAO. ALthough i suppose a full auto will not be allowed. :)

5. royal glockster

royal glockster

Got it bro! Thanks for the info, it's so happened that i have not seen double action .45s sa standard division. Pwede rin pala yun. Of course, full auto is not allowed in IPSC, not even in rifle event. :cool:

Based on your replies mga sir, am i right to conclude that only double action trigger mechanism ang pupwede sa production. Sori sa kakulitan ko mga bro! ;Q

6. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Why not?
    It's really the shooter's business not to hose the mags empty, no?

;f

7. JuDGe

JuDGe

My first ipsc clubshoot was with a G30! ;f

Just keep in mind that single-action-only handguns are prohibited in production division.

DA/SA (CZ, Tanf, etc), SafeAction(Glock), LightDoubleAction (Para LDA), UltraSafetyAssurance Action Trigger System (USA/XD) are allowed.... better yet check the list of approved pistols for production division HERE

8. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Paminsan-minsan si singlestacker nakakalusot! ;f;f

9. atmarcella

atmarcella

i shoot a g22 in standard....mahilig kasi ako kumalikot ng glock;f

bro, you should try the trigger i've just developed, if you still think its DAO......i'll hang myself;f ;f ;f

10. royal glockster

royal glockster

Really!!!?, heard that thing before and they even say that it's lighter than some 1911s. Ano ba gawa mo? did u design ur own trigger spring? Congrats for your ingenuity. BTW, talaga ba di pwede .38 super sa standard even if your ammo load is major? can it not really pass the power factor for standard? Sori po sa kakulitan ko mga broz!:cool:

11. atmarcella

atmarcella

RG,
    di pwede kasi the rule say minimum for major is .40, so even if your bullet makes major its still only .38, on the other hand i have a friend who shoots a hi-cap .38 super in standard division, sabi nya just make sure double alpha tama mo para di ka masyado dehado....the problem is if you really step on the gas and go fast, or shoot fast, shooting double alpha is easier said than done:)

regarding the trigger, the beauty of glocks safe action design is it is convertible, w/ the right parts and the sacrifice of 2 of its safeties, to basically a SAO gun.

you can even maintain all safeties and get a 1.5lb. trigger that has a longer travel than 1911 triggers ;f

how? as of now secret muna;f

di ko pa sya tested as much as i want;f

12. JuDGe

JuDGe

;2 read the rules.... minimum bullet caliber for major is 10mm/.40

;f ;f ;f

13. bulm540

bulm540

ditto on the minimum caliber. You are probably confusing open with standard.

14. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Ingat lang baka mag-full auto na 'yan. ;f

15. atmarcella

atmarcella

yan ang kina katakotan ko dre, i'll only know for sure after a year's test, truth is i just developed and built it this week, kaka dating lang ng parts eh, sunday after lunch pko punta sa range, i'll update you guys;f

16. royal glockster

royal glockster

Thank you sa mga replies nyo guys! Now i'm enlightened, malaking tulong talaga itong BOG sa akin. Again, congrats to you atmarcella for your new invention! hehe! :cool:

17. atmarcella

atmarcella

just been to the range, as far as the gun going full auto is concerned...ok na, 150 rnds and walang problema sa full auto, the only problem was the overtravel stop, by jentra, when i got it i was a little bit overzealous in tightening it and it developed a crack, i emailed topglock and they said they were gonna send a replacement, but i used it anyway, i superglued it to the trigger bar and after 30 rnds., it broke in half hehehehehe but it was ok cos my custom pre-travel stop was still solid as a rock;f