360 house

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by RustyFN, Mar 19, 2010.

1. RustyFN

RustyFN

Our club built a 360 degree house this year. I can't wait for IDPA to start.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bob2223

Bob2223 Jack's buddy!

That looks like fun!

Bob

3. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

I watched a Jim Cirrilo video where he showed how most rounds would zip right through telephone polls. Do you have to use frangible ammo in that thing?

4. fredj338

fredj338

Very cool, but I agree w/ WT. I wouldn't trust rail ties to stop bullets, especially the odd ball one that lands netween ties, ouch.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  5. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

How do you RO in that thing? Is there no 180 rule. That would be pretty cool. It looks like they have berms around about 330 degrees of that thing already. Wouldn't suprise me at all if there is another berm behind where the picture was taken.

6. idahoglock36

idahoglock36

Pretty nice house, but I think it would be too cold in the winters.

7. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Rusty... get your butt back out there and take some pictures looking down at the interior from the overhead walkway. I have no idea what I'm looking at... although it does resemble some of the forts I used to be stationed at. Where are the stables?

Also, as imposing a structure as it appears isn't it possible, even likely that at some point a bullet or two will find their way through the joints in the walls?

If Murphy and his law hangs around you guys as much as he hangs around me it'll happen on the very first shot.

Jack

8. RustyFN

RustyFN

Wisky the ties are doubled and there will be steel bullet traps behind the targets so the only shooting going into a wall will be a very bad shot. The bullets traps will be movable so it can be set up different for each match.

Steve I'm not sure about the RO but it seems to me they will have to be on the catwalk. That is correct there is no 180 degree rule. I was taking the bottom picture from the berm in front of the house. In the top picture you can see there is just a narrow opening in the front side and it looks like they added a third wall for extra protection. Our old house was made out of plastic 55 gallon drums. I was going through and got disoriented and heard the RO yell 180 and it threw off my whole string.

Our season runs from March through November. We don't have any matches during the Winter.

Jack I will bring a camera and try to get some better pictures the next time I go to the range. All I had with me was my phone.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  9. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Wow, that would have been loud.

10. Motown Fire

Motown Fire Everett

That looks freakin' sweet !!! Get some pics of the inside and don't stand anywhere near that thing while people are shooting inside there, ole' Murphy will have your number.....