357Sig Glock accuracy

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1canvas, Aug 13, 2018.

1. 1canvas

1canvas

What is it about the 357Sig in a Glock that seems to make it so easy to shoot accurately?
    I have used Glock Sig barrels in my Gen3 23 and 27 and now in my Gen4 23 and it’s so much easier to be accurate with the 357Sig over the .40 Glock barrel or LW 9mm barrel.

-JCN- likes this.
  2. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

I don’t know maybe because it’s shoots like a laser

Bus007 and AdamRodgers like this.

3. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

My personal theory is that because the .357 Sig round is loud and flashy, it makes you subconsciously grip the pistol harder which is better for accuracy. I notice that when I drop a 9mm conversion barrel into my G22, I tend to get sloppy and complacent and my accuracy suffers.

I'm about to test this theory out with my new G31 barrel on its way from Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  4. 1canvas

1canvas

My thought is that maybe it leave the barrel much quicker meaning less disturbance from recoil and hand movement.

5. Dynactus

Dynactus The wind serenades a purified man.

It seems that more and more people are "discovering" the 357sig round. From time to time I enjoy shooting my G33 and my G21 during the same session. I alternate shooting 3 rounds of both calibers at a stump 50 yards out in a pond. It's a great lesson in the ballistics of those two great rounds. ie hold over vs no hold over, and speed of bullet.

Railsplitter and -JCN- like this.
  6. TexFarm

TexFarm

After putting an OEM 31 barrel in my G22 I was a true believer in the .357 Sig round. 10mm is my favorite round to shoot out of a Glock, but I was so impressed by the .357 that I went out this past weekend and purchased a G32 Gen4. It has replaced my 43 as my EDC weapon. The size of a G19 with the ballistics of the .357 Sig, what’s not to love?

7. Chowser

Chowser

It just is.

I was helping a coworker since he started shooting low after we put new night sights on his 31. After getting him to change his sight hold picture, he was pretty much shooting rounds into the same hole.

Railsplitter and J. Reid like this.
  8. Taroman

Taroman US Army Retired

Whatever it is, it works for me.
    Converted my G35 to a 357 Sig laser gun.
    [​IMG]
    Shoots flat and accurate 10 to 50 yards.

AdamRodgers, Guser, J. Reid and 3 others like this.
  9. 1canvas

1canvas

I liked the round in my Gen3 23 but with the Gen4 (double recoil springs) I like it even more.

10. Toni77

Toni77

Does the slide cutout interfere with that front sight?

11. Taroman

Taroman US Army Retired

No problem there.
    Sight is what Battlewerx recommended.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  12. J. Reid

J. Reid

My first Glock purchase years ago was a G32 and I love it.

COUNTYGUARDIAN likes this.
  13. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

OK Frank...I have a G19 Vickers Limited Edition witha FDE RTF2 frame. It has the Vickers sights (front sight is tritium), Vicker's slide release, I also swapped out the factory serrated trigger for a smooth trigger. No other changes...basically its a stock Vickers gun as it was shipped except for the trigger which is OEM anyhow. Close to mint condition has box and 2 mags. Will trade you straight up for your Gen4 G31 assuming its in similar condition with box and 3 mags...

We ship to each others FFLs so only cost is transfer fees.

14. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

it's because the recoil is less with a lighter projectile. It's loud as heck, but the recoil is somewhere between 9mm and 40.

PRE-K likes this.
  15. STI

STI

3 coyotes so far with my G2 32. 77 and 106 yards from my patio table where I was sitting. Held dead on shoulder at 77 maybe little high, 106 on top of shoulder, both dropped several others in many years here I missed, both had exit holes half dollar size or close. Ranger T 125gr, very solid drops, all factory pistol just old and worn. Another much closer about 6 months later at about 30 yds, same results. 357 Sigs just work. Cor-Bon 125 was best ammo I ever shot in it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  16. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Light, fast and flat shooter. Recoil less than a forty. Waiting for a Sig barrel to put in my Shield 2.0 forty. That should be fun! :dancing:

17. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I have nothing to add except that I love this round. I really need to go shooting. and re-learn how to reload for sig. cuz with cast bullets it's a **** show.

roundball and Railsplitter like this.
  18. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

Considering that a 357 Sig barrel can be bought for around $150.00 it's a bargain price for a "new gun".

I recently bought threaded Alpha Wolf barrels for my G32 and G31 when both went from in stock to low stock on the Lone Wolf web site. Seems that the 357 Sig barrels are good sellers for LW even the threaded variety!

Dynactus likes this.
  19. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

Corbon is back in business after the change of ownership last year. Gotta love the Corbon 357 Sig JHPs in both the 115gr and 125gr weights. The Corbon 125gr 357 Sig DPX is the best solid copper expanding round on the market.

https://shopcorbon.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=84_66

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  20. STI

STI

All we ever seem to have were Ranger T and Gold Dot 125 then one day some Cor-Bon showed up I got some and tried it on my very lack basic tests and it outshot the others and extremely accurate, I carried it for awhile, it was good. We had a box loaded with books on a table with side boards and a ruler mounted on the table, we shot various ammo in it at 3 & 5 yds noting how far the impact moved it, also some 9mm tested the same way, the 9 just pushed it back some the CB knocked it to the edge, then the 357S tried and with more old books in it huge difference till we used the CB it blew it off the table, a very crude test but eye opener, in the books the CB and RangerT expanded the most, about even. Now those days long gone and still daily with my G32 and either Ranger T or GD, I do have 1 box on the old CB left.

Railsplitter likes this.