close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.357 SIg in a Glock 35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CarlosDJackal, Jun 4, 2003.

1. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

I just purchased a .357 Sig drop-in Federal barrel for my Glock 35 and man, is it fun to shoot!! The size of the gun and the weight of the barrel soaked up the usually sharp recoil of this round.

I did this because I was considering going to this round as my duty and carry round. But with the cost of the .357 Sig ammo, and the fact that all the full-timers I work with are issued Glock 22s, I may have to hold off until later.

2. jpshaw

jpshaw

Carlos - I've thought about the same thing for my G35. Almost anything is more fun out of that longer barrel. I am not LEO but I would stick with .40 for carry. The .357 has the velocity and we all know it has the pressure (maybe too much) but the actuary tables sure don't put many rounds above the .40

.40 Club number 14

3. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    Now you have me twitching. I have a 357 Sig bbl for my G35 that will have to wait a while before I try it :(... But as soon as a holster arrives, I'm switching to it (in .40) for duty. I want to try out that 357 bbl though...

And congrats too.;c

4. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

I've been considering the .357 SIg because the VA State Police has had excellent results with this round. One First Sgt told me that they had a Trooper shoot through the rear windshield, through the headrest, and still hit the BG.

I've also heard that have had stops even when the hit was only pheriperal (arm, etc.). But I found the round too hot out of the Glock 27 (with G33 barrel) and a little too expensive to shoot. But it's nice to have that option though.

Stay safe!!

5. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

With the bullet set-back issue, the high pressure and the "only lighter" slugs issue, I think you are better off with the .40.

6. blackhawk321

blackhawk321 Rounds Out !!!!

Carlos I just bought kkm 357 sig barrels for my Glock 22,24 and 35 from Lone Wolf Distributors and I can't wait!!!;I ;I ;I

May the force be with you

7. blackhawk321

blackhawk321 Rounds Out !!!!

I noticed you were Airborne and Air Assault,I was wondering if you were at Ft.Campbell? I was also Airborne and Air Assault.My buddy is in Search and Rescue here in Maryland but I think the main base area is in Pennsylvania.;I

Steel On The Target Hooyah

8. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

Actually, I was stationed at Fort Benning, GA (yech - Mech) and Fort Richardson, AK (Airborne). I attended the Air Assault Course in Alaska (3 classes a year).

I was a Mortarman (11C) and worked with the 4.2-inch, 81-mm, and 60-mm mortars.