Glock Talk banner

357 Sig HST now available

1363 Views 29 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Railsplitter
The 125 gr 357 Sig HST round is now available on the Midway USA site. This is IMHO the best 357 Sig round offered by the big 5 ammo companies. It's not cheap but it might be cheap when compared to what it could cost in the future.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I thought Federal discontinued their .357 SIG HST?

Those reports of Federal discontinuing this round turned out to be incorrect Federal has continued to produce the 357 SIG HST. However finding it in this ammo shortage is a pleasant surprise and the prudent 357 Sig owner should take advantage of it.

· Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!
3,086 Posts

· Registered
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

3,086 Posts
True but it is at least available for those who want it and don't mind the cost. I stocked up on this round back when it was $29.00 for a 50 count box. I saw what was coming when Obama got elected the first time.
About three years ago, I bought several hundred HST in 357 Sig, with a Target Sports PRIME account, at $0.37 per round.
That was before some liberals complained about civilians buying police ammo.
The HST 357 Sig then went to $0.80 per round, but LEO's could still get them for $0.40 each at GT Distributors.

Since I am not LEO, I was griping about $0.80 for HST; then Covid, George Floyd, and Biden took center stage.
Not complaining any more - we can only wish for $0.80 per round - that would be terrific now!

· Banned
281 Posts
Those reports of Federal discontinuing this round turned out to be incorrect Federal has continued to produce the 357 SIG HST. However finding it in this ammo shortage is a pleasant surprise and the prudent 357 Sig owner should take advantage of it.
Yes indeed! My EDC is a Glock 32.4. No trouble finding ammo for my weekly training.

· Registered
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
About three years ago, I bought several hundred HST in 357 Sig, with a Target Sports PRIME account, at $0.37 per round.
That was before some liberals complained about civilians buying police ammo.
The HST 357 Sig then went to $0.80 per round, but LEO's could still get them for $0.40 each at GT Distributors.

Since I am not LEO, I was griping about $0.80 for HST; then Covid, George Floyd, and Biden took center stage.
Not complaining any more - we can only wish for $0.80 per round - that would be terrific now!

If this price seems high stop and consider what the cost will be 3 or 4 years from now.

3,086 Posts
Yes indeed! My EDC is a Glock 32.4. No trouble finding ammo for my weekly training.
Where are you finding it on line?
All over, frankly. My favorite is Defender Ammunition; they have both 124gr training and full load 125gr. If they happen to be out, I use AmmoSeek. Always find it between $.50 and $.60 per round.
@Railsplitter
John Wick is not talking about HST everywhere on line.
He is referring to reloads and LAX, both cheap ammos.

This is the first HST I have seen in 357 Sig in over a year and it is also now gone.
Glad I didn't need any.

3,086 Posts
If this price seems high stop and consider what the cost will be 3 or 4 years from now.
Conjecture, but I see a minimum of a 25% decrease in ammo cost, across the board, by year end 2022.
As an example, Blazer Brass 115 & 124 grains can now be found for $0.28 per round, plus sales taxes and free shipping.

One year ago, that was $0.50 to $0.60 per round.
Keep an eye open for LARGE RIFLE PRIMERS.
When those come back into stock, prices will be close to the new normal, whatever that may be.

In the meantime, QUIT BUYING INTO THESE EXORBITANT PRICES.
Only the drop in demand will provide the correction we want which will be the new normal.

Reactions: Railsplitter

· Banned
281 Posts
@Railsplitter
John Wick is not talking about HST everywhere on line.
He is referring to reloads and LAX, both cheap ammos.

This is the first HST I have seen in 357 Sig in over a year and it is also now gone.
Glad I didn't need any.
I also use Liberty Ammunition; their Personal Defense line, for carry. Most assuredly not cheap ammo at $2 per round.

· Registered
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Conjecture, but I see a minimum of a 25% decrease in ammo cost, across the board, by year end 2022.
As an example, Blazer Brass 115 & 124 grains can now be found for $0.28 per round, plus sales taxes and free shipping.

One year ago, that was $0.50 to $0.60 per round.
Keep an eye open for LARGE RIFLE PRIMERS.
When those come back into stock, prices will be close to the new normal, whatever that may be.

In the meantime, QUIT BUYING INTO THESE EXORBITANT PRICES.
Only the drop in demand will provide the correction we want which will be the new normal.

The market correcting itself is not a concern for me what worries me is the political situation in this country and the global instability in general. Another pandemic, another war, inflation, a market crash, economic collapse etc. all can effect ammo prices in a bad way.

3,086 Posts
I also use Liberty Ammunition; their Personal Defense line, for carry. Most assuredly not cheap ammo at $2 per round.
Nor fussing at you. but the subject was 357 Sig HST and you stated you had plenty practice ammo at $0.50-$0.60 per round

3,086 Posts
The market correcting itself is not a concern for me what worries me is the political situation in this country and the global instability in general. Another pandemic, another war, inflation, a market crash, economic collapse etc. all can effect ammo prices in a bad way.
Agreed.
Just need to be patient, sometimes we exacerbate the demand problem with hoarding and it becomes a catch 22 dilemma. Damned If you do and damned if you don't.

Reactions: Railsplitter
1 - 20 of 30 Posts