Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten intrigued by the .357 sig round. All of my Glocks are for legal CCW... I do shoot for fun, when time allows plink to some extent. My Glocks are mostly for serious business!! That being said for reliability's sake, should I only be looking to invest in. Glock OEM barrel for my G23? I know about: KKM, Bar-Sto, & Lone Wolf, but reloading is not an issue for me as I don't do it. Are these just as good and or would u CCW with a replacement from one of these manufacturers?

Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated guys!!:wavey:

·
Registered
57 Posts
You could just go with a hot 135 .40 s&w, does exactly what the .357 sig does and no conversion needed.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
You could just go with a hot 135 .40 s&w, does exactly what the .357 sig does and no conversion needed.
the sectional density of the 135grn. .40 won't give near the penetration of a 357 sig round.
for ccw i would only use a OEM barrel, thats what i bought for ccw in my 23.
i did buy sig followers but the #8 .40 followers have always worked 100%.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
An OE Glock barrel in .357sig for your .40 and either replacing the .40 mag follower with a .357sig follower or just buying .357 sig mags will get you set up nice and reliable for CCW. After running some rounds through for testing of course.

Glock 32 or G33 barrel $140
.357 sig mag follower $3 each

·
Long Range Guru
1,805 Posts
the sectional density of the 135grn. .40 won't give near the penetration of a 357 sig round.
for ccw i would only use a OEM barrel, thats what i bought for ccw in my 23.
You do realize that with 5 inches of penetration and your completely through the heart in terms of penetration. Were talking about humans not brown bears! And whats wrong with using a aftermarket barrel for ccw? Either a shooting is justified or it isn't there is no middle!

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
I have a LWD G31 barrel for my G22. I conceal carry every now and then. I trust it.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
You do realize that with 5 inches of penetration and your completely through the heart in terms of penetration. Were talking about humans not brown bears! And whats wrong with using a aftermarket barrel for ccw? Either a shooting is justified or it isn't there is no middle!
penetration of the heart is of no concern to me. my concern is that i have enough penetrating horse power to blow through any ribs and have enough power left over to destoy the spine if i am lucky enough to place my shot. someone can unload a gun with a heart shot. about as sure as an instant stop can be is the spine, brain, or brain stem.
i myself prefer the glock OEM barrel just to keep the glock reliability that i trust.

·
Banned
3,163 Posts
I have purchased a few .357 SIG barrels for my G22s, and the only one that shot to the same POA as the factory .40 barrel, was a factory .357SIG barrel.

Also, penetration is actually less with a .357SIG round due to its higher velocity if you use quality hollow point. If penetration is your concern, use FMJs. The Detroit PD use FMJ, and they work fine.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have purchased a few .357 SIG barrels for my G22s, and the only one that shot to the same POA as the factory .40 barrel, was a factory .357SIG barrel.

Also, penetration is actually less with a .357SIG round due to its higher velocity if you use quality hollow point. If penetration is your concern, use FMJs. The Detroit PD use FMJ, and they work fine.
Except for the more expensive Corbon DPX, which is a deep penetrator.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts

i think you are refering to the expanding full metal jacket that was used by DPD one time. they were made to expand and stay in the body.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
OEM barrel for concealed carry KKM or LWD for the range if you choose. for 357sig no advantage for an aftermarket except if you use lead bullets

1 - 13 of 13 Posts