GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Nice job. I have a G22.4 that has both a 40 S&W and 9mm conversion barrel. A 357sig barrel is next in line for this pistol because I really like platforms that are capable of multiple calibers.

How much was your OEM 357sig barrel?
I ordered a G32 barrel from Glock a little over 1 year ago. $125.

·
#787 Top Gun .357sig
1,401 Posts
Nice job. I have a G22.4 that has both a 40 S&W and 9mm conversion barrel. A 357sig barrel is next in line for this pistol because I really like platforms that are capable of multiple calibers.

How much was your OEM 357sig barrel?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looks good. My EDC is a G33.

Reactions: thewoods868

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Test fired my new G32 Gen 3 for the first time today. I'm impressed, the .357 Sig has become one of my favorites. I got a .357 Sig barrel for my G27 a few months ago to compliment a Sig P229 Legion in .357 Sig which is a tad heavy for EDC. I'm thinking I like this G32 for carry better than the others.
Your sig229 handles the recoil better, though and why I carry that. Just saying

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Congrats Mikedaddyh...You did good. Was it the KKM barrel?
How was the recoil compared to the 40?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I built one this year G35, gen 3 with a 357sig barrel. Installed a 20lb spring on a SS guide rod. Put Blue pins, SL , SLR, mag release and Hi-Viz sights.
I have about 150 rounds through it so far and it works great. View attachment 864142
Nice, I just got extended slide release because I am having troubles grasping the ones on there. I need to change the sites. I learned, yesterday, I cant see glock sites. Do you have an extended mag release on your build?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a gen 3 32 that I do not get much use out of if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice, I just got extended slide release because I am having troubles grasping the ones on there. I need to change the sites. I learned, yesterday, I cant see glock sites. Do you have an extended mag release on your build?
Yes extended slide release and extended slide lock also a extended mag release..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats Mikedaddyh...You did good. Was it the KKM barrel?
How was the recoil compared to the 40?
No it is not a KKM barrel on the G35 , will have to check the build sheet for that info. I do have a KKM barrel on a G24.. As for the recoil, 357sig has generally most recoil than the 40s&w. I have some spicy hot 357sig rounds that clock over 1600 fps and are quite accurate. We were shooting from the top of a mountain to the base of another mountain onto steel targets at 375 yards and banging steel with a stock G31 with plastic sights. Yeah that happened !!!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I own a Glock 22 and recently bought an OEM .357 Sig barrel for it. Love the way it shoots, smooth and accurate and with Underwood Xtreme Defenders in .357 Sig, a real powerhouse. Was carrying it around for a while but it was slightly too big. I then decided to buy a G32. Ha! Good luck finding one. Almost a unicorn these days.

I then hit on the idea of putting together a carry gun that uses the .357 slide I already had with a G19 sized frame which carries a lot better for me. Easily concealable, long sight radius and lower recoil with the longer slide.

I happened to have a spare G17 frame lying around and sent it to Cold Bore Customs to do a grip chop. It came out great. I also had a Crimson Trace laser laying around that I was planning to use on a G17 and also a Vedder Lighttuck for the G17. Both work perfectly.

Because I had everything laying around, this whole build cost me $70. Of course, since I saved so much over buying a G32 , decided to spring for a really nice trigger. I really like the way this came out. Carries and conceals perfectly, especially with the Vedder claw. I can wear a very tight t-shirt and no printing. Feels good in hand. Haven’t live fired it yet but that’s next. I expect good things. For those considering a grip chop for a better carrying weapon, I say go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The .357sig caliber is the sweet spot for me, considering that my only concern is with personal self-defense.

Since you've accomplished your goal with only a $70 outlay may I suggest you spring for another $25 and install a Wolff stainless steel guide rod and a Wolff 20# recoil spring. That simple tweak turned my G-32 into an awesome handgun that noticeably mitigates the already-manageable recoil. It's like shooting 9mm +p+.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
The .357sig caliber is the sweet spot for me, considering that my only concern is with personal self-defense.

Since you've accomplished your goal with only a $70 outlay may I suggest you spring for another $25 and install a Wolff stainless steel guide rod and a Wolff 20# recoil spring. That simple tweak turned my G-32 into an awesome handgun that noticeably mitigates the already-manageable recoil. It's like shooting 9mm +p+.
I will take your advice! Thanks

Edit: Just ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Private side
11,390 Posts
At one time I had a 31-32-33 set but heard they were beating frames in 3rd Gen. Sold or traded them ahead of the 4th gen roll out but never replaced them.
I did get a 357sig barrel for my 4th gen G22 but my favorite 357sig is this one-
image.jpg

Reactions: CTM_357

·
Infidel :)
3,661 Posts
I have an older Gen 3 G17 I picked up used I want to (and did) chop to a G19 grip. I love the way the combination feels in my hands and when pointing it, it shoots like a DREAM. THE gun Glock needs to build next now that the G45 is out. Anyway -

I bought a used G22 and decided to try the setup in .40 at one point, does not shoot as well for "me" as I'd like, but I also stepped away from .40 a few years ago with the onset of some early arthritis that just did not the .40 as much as I did anymore. :(

Needless to say though again, that chopped G17 to a G19 grip is still by far one of my most FAVORITE Glocks and guns for that matter to shoot. I've not really carried it as much as I do my regular G19 or G26, but it's still a great handling gun none the less that I want to and WILL build a second one for my boys.

Glock NEEDS to build this setup. :)

IMG_0195.JPG

20200408_140835.jpg

Reactions: rlewpolar
21 - 40 of 40 Posts