1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have one. I've only used it once, but it worked fine.

Mine is a Storm Lake barrel.

·
Registered
697 Posts
It should work perfectly fine. 23 and 32 share the same mags, recoil spring etc. Other than the barrel and the markings on the gun they are the same gun IMO.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
It will work as well.

For me, I have a LWD barrel for my G22. Works great and is now my primary carry pistol.

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
I've got a Glock factory Glock 32 barrel in my 23. Seems to be the BEST route to go if you want the conversion for real use, not just a range toy. Works flawless, all I changed out was the barrel. The aftermarket barrels are more prone to malfunctions, where as with a glock 32 barrel, you essentially DO have a Glock 32.

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
I've got a G-32 and am planning on buying a G-23 barrel. I already have one G-23 magazine that holds and feeds .357sig ammo perfectly. What's not to like about pistols that easily convert to other calibers?

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Looks like I'll be spending more money soon. :crazy:

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
the .357 sig is a necked down .40 cartridge, so you don't need g23 magazines, or g32 magazines if you're going from .40 to .357 sig. The .40 and .357 sig glocks are basically the exact same guns just with different barrels and engraving on the slide/magazines. Same ejectors, magazines, slides, extractors.

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Thats how it goes man
Pretty sweet though that I can have another gun & caliber with just swapping the barrel. Now just have to decide if I want a stock barrel or some bling with a Lone Wolf Barrel:cool:

·
USMC Retired
476 Posts
Pretty sweet though that I can have another gun & caliber with just swapping the barrel. Now just have to decide if I want a stock barrel or some bling with a Lone Wolf Barrel:cool:
If you are going to carry your G23 with a 357 SIG barrel, I would stick with the Glock factory G32 barrel for complete reliabiltiy. I switch mine out, but I stick with the factory barrels.

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
If you are going to carry your G23 with a 357 SIG barrel, I would stick with the Glock factory G32 barrel for complete reliabiltiy. I switch mine out, but I stick with the factory barrels.
+1 thanks for the advice. :supergrin:

·
USMC Retired
476 Posts
+1 thanks for the advice. :supergrin:
I get most of my barrels and other Glock parts from Glockparts.com. Great service and fast shipping at reasonable prices. I have never been disappointed.

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
I get most of my barrels and other Glock parts from Glockparts.com. Great service and fast shipping at reasonable prices. I have never been disappointed.
Thanks was just in the middle of searching online for the barrel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the .357 sig is a necked down .40 cartridge, so you don't need g23 magazines, or g32 magazines if you're going from .40 to .357 sig. The .40 and .357 sig glocks are basically the exact same guns just with different barrels and engraving on the slide/magazines. Same ejectors, magazines, slides, extractors.

Wait, does that mean the 357 is the same as the 9mm?

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
no. The bullet is 9mm technically, but the casing is a necked down .40 casing, so the barrel is the same diameter as .40 barrels, which is larger than the 9mm.

·
USMC Retired
476 Posts
Wait, does that mean the 357 is the same as the 9mm?
357 SIG and 9mm calibers use the same bullet diameter - .355. Same weights. Much like the .357 Mag and .38 Special bullets - same bullet diameter - .356. Same weights.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts