Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.357 SIG Ammo ... was everywhere before I bought one!! :steamed:
Total murphy's law going on here. I even bought some ammo before my gun just in case. Glad I did because now I don't see it anywhere except at overpriced stores. Wallyworld isn't stocking it like they were pre-G32 ownership! :steamed:

Just needed to vent. I am going to start ordering from online, but just hate having to wait!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Check your local Academy, they always have it when I go. My local Wal-Mart always has one box of .357 sig when I go in. Don't know if that means I am the only one around here that shoots it or if I am just lucky.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your local Academy, they always have it when I go. My local Wal-Mart always has one box of .357 sig when I go in. Don't know if that means I am the only one around here that shoots it or if I am just lucky.
Yeah, both of those stores were where I bought my .357 SIG pre-ownership of the G32. Now they're both empty!

I am ordering online. Just hate waiting! :supergrin:

·
Proud Veteran
7,741 Posts
I don't think they are being manufactured as much as the mainstream ammo. Almost all companies are still playing catch up.

If you want some cheap quality ammo, order Winchester Ranger T-Series in 357sig from OMB (if you can find away around their "policy"). I believe it comes out to $22 per box of 50 and they are ALWAYS in stock so it's a few bucks cheaper than Walmarts FMJ.

I have a few cases on hand and will be getting more. I feel like its the best kept secret in the 357sig world. Even better if you wait until they have free shipping promotions.

http://www.ombexpress.com/c_282/p_AM779.aspx

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome post ice! Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you want some cheap quality ammo, order Winchester Ranger T-Series in 357sig from OMB (if you can find away around their "policy").

Hey, Iceman. How can I get around their policy?

·
Proud Veteran
7,741 Posts
If you want some cheap quality ammo, order Winchester Ranger T-Series in 357sig from OMB (if you can find away around their "policy").

Hey, Iceman. How can I get around their policy?
I talk to them quite a bit and just the other day I was told that Winchester watches them like a hawk since they are the largest seller of Ranger ammo. It's BS that Winchester goes to great length to keep their product out of the hands of paying customers.

I have a friend do it for me. It's about the only way for now.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Ammo to Go has 357 sig Ranger T's at a very good price if your state allows internet shipment of ammunition. If they do not, have your local gun dealer order it for you.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hit the mother load at Walmart. Bought 14 boxes at $23.97 each.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My local wal-marts sell it for $23/box, and Bass Pro has it for about the same. The TX DPS load (Gold Dot, 54234, IIRC) can be had for around $28/50rd+S&H online.

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
During the depths of the ammo shortage my local Wal-Mart always had at least one box of WWB and usually a couple.

In the last month I haven't seen any .357sig ammo at Wal-Mart while everything except 9mm and .380ACP seems to be coming in on a regular schedule.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts