Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm certainly not being critical for wanting a lever gun but I'm thinking more on the lines of that rifle with a revolver is kinda "weighty" for a walk-a-bout.

Why not a G20 type weapon and call it quits?

·
Old Coot
1,261 Posts
I'm real happy with my Puma.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bought a Rossi Model 92, stainless .357 at Buds last year. I put a spring kit in it and it has worked great. I advise buying one new or a newer built one. Check the threads some people have had problems.

·
Rational
15,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm certainly not being critical for wanting a lever gun but I'm thinking more on the lines of that rifle with a revolver is kinda "weighty" for a walk-a-bout.

Why not a G20 type weapon and call it quits?
I didn't necessarily mean together, rather just interchangeability with ammunition from my revolver, if I happen to have both with me at the same time.

And a Glock 20 is too big for my hand. If I wanted a G20, I would have asked for one. Seriously, read the first post again. Jesus.

People! .357 Leverguns ONLY. Not AR's; not AK's; not Glock 20's; not my "gandpappy's Black Powder Howdah Pistol"....just .357 Leverguns!

Thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Ruger 44 mag carbine I really like to shoot. Ruger only made a few. They use a rotary mag and are picky about ammo but once you get one dialed in they are the perfect light carry brush gun.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Jade Falcon,

I have a Rossi M92 chambered in 38 special/357 magnum. I got it for several reasons but mainly to use the same ammo as my 2 S&W revolvers (one is a 38 & one is a 357).

I run 158g LSWC, 158g XTP HP and 140g XTP bullets through it and I have never had a mis-fire or failure to eject. Mine does come with "Buckhorn" style iron sights however the can be changed out to accommodate most any type of sight.

You also mentioned... "Must have a rubber-butt-stock (recoil pad), not a metal-curved butt-stock." Having shot carbines with both styles of butt-stocks, I much prefer the "cressent" or curved style. Maybe it is a personal choice, but with extended use during the day, this is much better on the shoulder. There are TONS of leather, plastic, rubber and various composite but-stock pads and covers you can buy for whatever you decide on.

Rather than list a bunch of tech data here is some on-line info about the Rossi carbine.

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=157&category=8&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

http://www.gunreports.com/special_r...-model-92-lever-action-gunsmithing2403-1.html

Good luck and have fun shopping.

·
A Grouchy Old Half-Blind Fat Guy who limps .....
591 Posts
I will back the 16" Puma also. I have had my Stainless Rossi 92 since March and have found it to be quite handy & reliable. I was tossing around getting the 20" and then when I got the 16", I was kinda worried about it being too short. But it has since proved to be a great choice for daily carrying on the quads, or in my Can-Am Commander or Jeep. Mine has been absolutely reliable and is as accurate with most 38/357 as I need. Its a great shooter and packs well, whats not to like .... ? Mine also compliments a wheelie, a 3" GP-100, a 4" Security Six or a 4" Model 64, depending on mission and mood ......

21 - 30 of 30 Posts