close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.357 glock 35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by socalchuckster, Feb 27, 2006.

1. socalchuckster

socalchuckster

is this possible? I am an LEO and currently use a 31C. I would love to get the added length of the 35...but i dont want to step down to a 40. Any aftermarket 357 barrels that will fit in a 35? If so which ones are prefered?

Chuck

2. cowpuncher/pi

cowpuncher/pi CLM

I have a Federal 357 Sig that will drop in a Glock 35. I have shot maybe 50 or so rounds. 95.00 shipped. 357 in a 35 is a hoot. Regards

3. spcwes

spcwes

I got in a Jarvis barrel for the my Glock 35 and it rocks. Another thing I like about the Jarvis is that it is a blackened stainless barrel which is an option you can get. Increase's in speed and power are apparent. The 125gr DT load I carry for duty are going to be pushing 1625fps easy. Now, that said the 115gr load I have from DT is smoking. I would venture to say it will be in the 1700's in the fps department.

As stated, a real HOOT. Oh, I have about 500 full power 357sig loads through the barrel now without one hicup. Good luck.

4. fatdog

fatdog

+1 for the Jarvis barrel, had one in my G35 for about 4 years now, very accurate, reliable, and probably the highest performance you can wring out of this cartridge in a handgun

5. thooks

thooks

Might want to check with your department and see if they allow modifications such as this. Most don't allow barrel-swapping or such.

What kind of holster do you plan on using with the 35? I know that is a big deal with LEO, trying to find holsters for the 34/35.

And why a department issues a compensated gun I will never figure out. There was a post here last week about the ported guns and having to fire the gun while it was across your chest or such and getting smoke and hot powder in your face/eyes/etc.

6. cowpuncher/pi

cowpuncher/pi CLM

I use a Safariland 6280. Stamped Glock 34/35.

7. socalchuckster

socalchuckster

ok got the 35 and ordered the jarvis barrel. Only question i have now is do i need to get a different guide rod and spring? will the stock 35 spring for the 40 cal work for the 357? I cant remember if the two calibers are sprung different.

Chuck